• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'PLANET COMICS' (is deserving of its own thread)
30 30

6,231 posts in this topic

I know some of you are pretty serious about your Planet runs...... thought I 'd point out that our very own Rich Evans of www.bedrockcity.com just listed a nice blue label CGC 6,5 copy of Planet Comics # 1 on his site..... not the easiest book to find in a solid mid grade..... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Thanks for pointing these out. It is almost impossible to watch all the great sites for books like this. I agree that it's not easy to find a solid mid grade copy of #1, and I'll add that it's even more of a journey to find a high grade copy of Planet Comics #1. 2c

I know some of you are pretty serious about your Planet runs...... thought I 'd point out that our very own Rich Evans of www.bedrockcity.com just listed a nice blue label CGC 6,5 copy of Planet Comics # 1 on his site..... not the easiest book to find in a solid mid grade..... GOD BLESS...

Thanks for pointing these out. It is almost impossible to watch all the great sites for books like this. I agree that it's not easy to find a solid mid grade copy of #1, and I'll add that it's even more of a journey to find a high grade copy of Planet Comics #1. 2c

I think its a fair asking price too. Would not be surprised if this disappears over the upcoming weeks.

I think its a fair asking price too. Would not be surprised if this disappears over the upcoming weeks.

Especially when there seems to be a current scarcity of nice copies.

I always seem to find 9.4 copies available of Planet #1. Is nice to see a more affordable example of a decent presenting copy.

I have seen the same 9.4 Planet 1 (1 of 2 highest graded) for sale for quite a while , and as long as the price is $55K with a turned down offer of $42K, it will be "for sale" for quite a while......just sayin'

I always seem to find 9.4 copies available of Planet #1. Is nice to see a more affordable example of a decent presenting copy.

I have seen the same 9.4 Planet 1 (1 of 2 highest graded) for sale for quite a while , and as long as the price is $55K with a turned down offer of $42K, it will be "for sale" for quite a while......just sayin'

Indeed

Oddly enough, I've found that early GA books are there in very low grade and very high grade, but that solid mid grade examples are a bear.... GOD BLESS...

...I hope one of you snags this one.... maybe it's just me, but Planet 1 seems to be one of the better values as far as major keys go (shrug)

.... I'm definitely not one of those FF 1 bashers, my favorite SA Key easily...... but a 6.5 of that is 12K, while a 6.5 Planet 1 is 6K :screwy:

Edited by jimjum12

At long last I was able to get a nice #66 to complete my favorite run of Planet covers! :cloud9:

DzubEHx.jpg

Looks like a decent copy!

I have been wanting to upgrade my copy of 66 to a 6.0-7.5 range. Hard to find.

I've never owned all 5 of those at the same time...... and I've loved them since my first Gerber's, many years ago. When the high grade Cheetah copies went up on Heritage a few years ago, I bid heavily, but knew that I couldn't pull it off..... they're just too coveted..... all 5 of them. If I really focused and saved, I might be able to own one of them in high grade....but I shudder to think what it would cost. I stumbled on to a sweet 71 several years ago and priced it aggressively in a thread. Right after I listed it I had a change of heart and decided to keep it..... and when I went to delete it, Foolkiller had already claimed it doh! GOD BLESS...

I've never owned all 5 of those at the same time...... and I've loved them since my first Gerber's, many years ago. When the high grade Cheetah copies went up on Heritage a few years ago, I bid heavily, but knew that I couldn't pull it off..... they're just too coveted..... all 5 of them. If I really focused and saved, I might be able to own one of them in high grade....but I shudder to think what it would cost. I stumbled on to a sweet 71 several years ago and priced it aggressively in a thread. Right after I listed it I had a change of heart and decided to keep it..... and when I went to delete it, Foolkiller had already claimed it doh! GOD BLESS...

These books are difficult in decent shape but I have pretty nice 6.0 or better copies of all of them except 71- mine is around 4.5. It has been hard to find a pretty copy of that one. If anyone has a 6.0 or better 71 they want to part with I am your guy (thumbs u