• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'PLANET COMICS' (is deserving of its own thread)
30 30

6,231 posts in this topic

On 9/1/2021 at 10:44 AM, mwotka said:

Congrats Spyder!  A real achievement and surely a great feeling to have it done.  And kudos on your pic, that is not easy to arrange and get in one picture (and in focus and with no major glare!).  My More Fun pic was a major pain, and half the books.  Never tried it with the Planets...

Thanks Mike!  After everyone posted their great books earlier this year as we did the daily progression through the run, I just couldn't resist any longer!

On 9/1/2021 at 10:55 AM, entalmighty1 said:

Haven't dipped my toes into the Planet pool for quite some time, but figured this was worth a swim. 

Planet.2.jpgW

Wow! That is one sweet book!  I've always really loved issue 2.  Just 5 copies graded higher?! That's crazy. 

On 9/10/2021 at 2:16 PM, Spyder! said:

I've been wanting an unrestored copy of Planet 1 for a long time.  I finally managed to pick one up!  This one was sold to me in a Voldy slab, but I wanted it in a CGC holder like all of its rivet brothers and sisters.  Just back from CGC.

P01b.jpg

(worship) :applause: Congrats man!

On 9/10/2021 at 7:16 PM, Spyder! said:

I've been wanting an unrestored copy of Planet 1 for a long time.  I finally managed to pick one up!  This one was sold to me in a Voldy slab, but I wanted it in a CGC holder like all of its rivet brothers and sisters.  Just back from CGC.

P01b.jpg

That's very decent. Many congrats. 

On 9/10/2021 at 2:16 PM, Spyder! said:

P01b.jpg

:golfclap:(worship) great book Jared 

On 9/10/2021 at 11:16 AM, Spyder! said:

P01b.jpg

Fantastic looking 1.5 that's easy on the eyes with a well preserved center and the issues on the edges where you want em.  Congrats on a great pickup!

On 9/10/2021 at 8:03 PM, szav said:

Fantastic looking 1.5 that's easy on the eyes with a well preserved center and the issues on the edges where you want em.  Congrats on a great pickup!

Thanks Scott. I love finding books in my presentation/price sweet spot. (thumbsu

On 9/21/2021 at 4:33 PM, Spyder! said:

A new Planet Comics #15 just hit the census, graded 3.5.  :banana:
I wonder if it will be offered for sale soon. 

Nice… I too obsessively check the census for certain key to me books and could tell you how many there are in each grade and would notice when a new one was stabbed.  Perhaps I am not alone in my neuroses.

On 9/21/2021 at 6:02 PM, szav said:

Nice… I too obsessively check the census for certain key to me books and could tell you how many there are in each grade and would notice when a new one was stabbed.  Perhaps I am not alone in my neuroses.

If not for the ability to search by date added to the census on cgcdata.com, I wouldn’t be able to tell! That’s some real dedication you’ve got there.

On 9/23/2021 at 11:49 AM, goldenacase said:

This arrived today from a sales thread, book has a bit of a miswrap but Planets with black covers and white pages are a favourite 

IMG_9984.jpg

Super hard book to find without the miswrap. I love the White Pages! :cloud9:

Edited by Spyder!
Spelling