• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'PLANET COMICS' (is deserving of its own thread)
29 29

6,231 posts in this topic

On 11/6/2021 at 8:08 PM, Spyder! said:

I was able to track down a couple of old posts in the Fiction House thread. Definitely the same 7 and 8. 

76D2B398-FCDA-4926-A0CF-3C66A1E7AD4A.jpeg

5AB1E227-B35F-4685-A989-5E290C1DDF8F.jpeg

thanks for confirming!

Have not seen Mike post in a long time, and I have not seen him in person in a couple of years but he lives in Canada in the same province as me.

I knew they were his books. 

• Administrator
On 11/7/2021 at 3:30 PM, mikefeen said:

I can't access my old mikephoen account.  It seems to have gotten nerfed when the boards migrated.  I was already not posting much at the time, so since then I only occasionally lurk.  But I made this new account today to comment.

I found your old account.  Here is a link to it.  PM me if you have trouble posting in it.

https://boards.cgccomics.com/profile/7634-mikephoen/

On 11/7/2021 at 12:30 PM, mikefeen said:

These are indeed my Planets! 

I can't access my old mikephoen account.  It seems to have gotten nerfed when the boards migrated.  I was already not posting much at the time, so since then I only occasionally lurk.  But I made this new account today to comment.

All of my comics are going into upcoming ComicLink auctions, starting with the February featured auction.  I always collected knowing I would have to eventually sell to help fund my retirement, and I've come to the hard decision that now is the time to start that process.

So my whole Planet run (missing #14, #17 and #28 which I never was able to get a copy I liked) will be going up in February, or soon after.

Good eye by Karl spotting that these were mine!  I didn't ever get a 9.2 #4 though, the one in the preview is the best copy I ever collected.  So you must have been thinking of a different boardie on that one.  There are a couple of highest graded copies though, and a bunch of other nice ones.  I tried especially hard to find copies with great colours whenever possible, so even the copies that aren't truly high grade should mostly have really nice eye appeal.

Best of luck selling your collection and in retirement!  The books already scanned on ComicLink are really stunning and I can’t wait to see what else is coming.  I’ll definitely be taking a shot at a couple of these. High grade rivet issues just don’t come around that often!

On 11/7/2021 at 1:30 PM, mikefeen said:

All of my comics are going into upcoming ComicLink auctions, starting with the February featured auction.  I always collected knowing I would have to eventually sell to help fund my retirement, and I've come to the hard decision that now is the time to start that process.

So my whole Planet run (missing #14, #17 and #28 which I never was able to get a copy I liked) will be going up in February, or soon after.

Good eye by Karl spotting that these were mine!  I didn't ever get a 9.2 #4 though, the one in the preview is the best copy I ever collected.  So you must have been thinking of a different boardie on that one.  There are a couple of highest graded copies though, and a bunch of other nice ones.  I tried especially hard to find copies with great colours whenever possible, so even the copies that aren't truly high grade should mostly have really nice eye appeal.

Hi Mike!

Great to see you on here. I knew they were your books because you brought a few of those books to a show in Calgary to show me. I had them in my hand and I especially remembered the #2. I am going to try to acquire it in the upcoming auction. I think I own 6(?) of your under copies, but the #3 is my favorite that I bought from you.

Was hoping to run into you at the Calgary Expo this year, it was a great show.

On 11/15/2021 at 1:05 PM, Finhead said:

Finally got this in the mail today. I'm really happy with how it presents for the grade, colors are fantastic IMO slightly better than the phone pic shows.

PC_12.thumb.jpg.019f2e2a858f5db126a2e41063a9da70.jpg

Sometimes you just get lucky presents way better and nice paper (thumbsu

On 11/17/2021 at 2:09 AM, Daniel Boshell said:

This book was sold to a board member in Canada and is now lost. It was last tracked in June. Please let me know if it comes up for sale.

A30E8528-EA60-4A22-BA5F-FD41B5F20CA8.png

Oh jeez, that's horrible. So it was shipped to a Canadian address, blipped off the tracking and never arrived? How was it shipped?

On 11/17/2021 at 1:09 PM, Point Five said:

Oh jeez, that's horrible. So it was shipped to a Canadian address, blipped off the tracking and never arrived? How was it shipped?

Shipped Priority Mail with signature confirmation. It made it from Dallas to Chicago then when customs picked it up it never made it to Canada.

On 11/17/2021 at 11:11 PM, Daniel Boshell said:

Shipped Priority Mail with signature confirmation. It made it from Dallas to Chicago then when customs picked it up it never made it to Canada.

That's crazy, I waited 25 days for my last "Priority Mail" to clear customs. Dunno what that's all about. I hope you can sort it out eventually. :frown:

On 11/7/2021 at 8:30 PM, mikefeen said:

Results will be fascinating - perfect time to sell it seems!

On 11/17/2021 at 1:09 PM, Point Five said:

Shipped Priority Mail with tracking. Shows it made it to Chicago (from Dallas) then there’s no further tracking

On 11/18/2021 at 2:02 AM, Flex Mentallo said:

Canadapost strikes again? Or border issues perhaps? Not so long ago a book I ordered from a dealer in Canada ended up in the middle of Australia instead of the UK where I live. I found this app useful in tracking it down:

https://parcelsapp.com/en/tracking/

Thank you, I’ll definitely check it out