• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'PLANET COMICS' (is deserving of its own thread)
30 30

6,230 posts in this topic

Great thread. Sure are some wonderful books being posted here. Here's one of my favorites from my collection.It came from a bound volume and has some resto on the spine,which kept the price down,and I couldn't be happier. It's a beautiful copy in hand.. :cloud9:

FullSizeRender51_zpsridlflb5.jpg

...with some books, a little resto just doesn't really matter :cloud9: GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Totally agree

Are Planet Comics more susceptible to tanning than other Golden Age comics? I last 5 or so Planet comics I have held in person have all had very tan inner covers. Also I have inquired about several Planet comics online and the majority have had tanning.

Thanks

Are Planet Comics more susceptible to tanning than other Golden Age comics? I last 5 or so Planet comics I have held in person have all had very tan inner covers. Also I have inquired about several Planet comics online and the majority have had tanning.

Thanks

I would say no more than any other title.

Thanks

Hmmm,

I can't seem to find any of the later issues for sale (65 and up) without tanning. I guess all the goods ones are being hoarded. :frustrated:

Thanks

Hmmm,

I can't seem to find any of the later issues for sale (65 and up) without tanning. I guess all the goods ones are being hoarded. :frustrated:

Fiction House books are notorious for lower quality production, and that can include the paper they printed on so it is not uncommon to see tanning. The thing is I see tanning on all titles printed before 1950.

Fiction House books are notorious for lower quality production, and that can include the paper they printed on so it is not uncommon to see tanning. The thing is I see tanning on all titles printed before 1950.

Thanks that's good to know. The reason I thought it might be unique to Planet's is that the ones I have owned seem to have perfectly fine pages, but the inside of the covers are very brown. I have not seen this on any of my other comics. Usually a book is brown all over, makes me wonder if the paper they used for the covers is poor.

Thanks

Hmmm,

I think the further you go back in time then this becomes more prevalent. Of the 4 planets I own so far the PQ is OW x 2, COW & OWW. That's not too bad I think. I only really worry about Brown or heavily tanned pages (in any books), which I don't see too often or anything that's Brittle. I have limited experience with planet books but they don't seem too different from other GA books in terms of quality of paper used, but I would say that EC books definitely used superior paper to their contemporaries.

I picked up this rare Canadian edition of Planet Comics from Heritage recently, and wanted to thank Jason ( jhutton2 ) for the tip on the availability of the book. I don't always check the weekly auctions so I probably would have missed it:

Planet%20Comics%202%20Canadian_zps0fvmnvgz.jpg

Decent looking copy that I think fits in perfectly with the other 3 issues I have and completes the Canadian Edition set:

Planet%20Comics%20CDN%20set_zpsbtn73yik.jpg

I picked up this rare Canadian edition of Planet Comics from Heritage recently, and wanted to thank Jason ( jhutton2 ) for the tip on the availability of the book. I don't always check the weekly auctions so I probably would have missed it:

Decent looking copy that I think fits in perfectly with the other 3 issues I have and completes the Canadian Edition set:

:applause: Score one for the home team!

That's one of my sig line favorites! Very strong colors on your copy.

Glad you were able to win it! It looks great in your set :)

Glad you were able to win it! It looks great in your set :)

Thank you my friend