• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Record Magazine Prices - Throw out your Overstreet Guide!
11 11

1,138 posts in this topic

On 11/21/2021 at 9:05 AM, Stevemmg said:

Nah. He’s right. I just had an $800 tracking bid out there. I’m happy with my raw copy, but was curious how this one would play out. A solid 3-4x what I would have thought. Other than Playboy 1, this seems like a magazine record. With the current market, it would seem that Vampirella 1 9.8 and Shock Illustrated 3 9.8 would be the only candidates to potentially eclipse this number. At least logically they should. The current market is far from logical, though. 

Will be interesting to see what the next 9.8 ST #1 sells for. I’m thinking this was an outlier, but I might be wrong…

Edited by Jayman

I don’t know if the single highest graded Blazing Combat #1 9.4 could get there price wise, but that’s perhaps a $25k+ book right now. It took two bidders to get that ST #1 to that price, so one of them is still out there empty handed. Who knows if he will find a challenger to be able to repeat anything close to that price. Time will tell, as a result like this will inspire at least someone to put their copy up for sale. 

On 12/11/2021 at 10:31 AM, wombat said:

$10,500 with the juice. Basically double current GPA for the signature. While I love all the FF FF covers it won’t be me. 

On 12/11/2021 at 10:40 AM, ThothAmon said:

$10,500 with the juice. Basically double current GPA for the signature. While I love all the FF FF covers it won’t be me. 

I'm surprised GPA for that book in 9.0 is not more. 

On 9/29/2021 at 7:35 PM, chevalmeow said:

These prices seem so low to me considering how few are in census in grades 9.0 and up. A Creepy 4 has 9 in census at 9.6+ I think. But then again I mainly buy PCH and silver age stuff and usually can only afford the mid to low grades 🤷🏻