• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Record Magazine Prices - Throw out your Overstreet Guide!
11 11

1,155 posts in this topic

On 11/7/2022 at 6:43 AM, Makmorn said:

This is an example of "Buy the book and not the label"

They should have said something and sent them back to CGC, maybe too late now.

I have sent books back that had an error on the label, and they fixed it for free, not counting shipping it back. (that's on your dime)

On 11/7/2022 at 11:37 AM, Axe Elf said:

It may have started out as CGC's fault for switching the labels, but when they're listing the book as a CGC 8.5 Vampi #1, even though the label clearly says Vampi #7, they have become complicit in sweeping the error under the rug for profit--and it seems like that would be fraudulent; whether or not they are a "charity."

Like I said, I'd be glad to eat whatever loss I took on an 8.5 Vampi #7 if I could sell a 3.5 Vampi #1 as an 8.5.

The seller is an eBay partnered charity. Those books were likely donations and the person listing them probably has zero understanding of comic books or grading. 

On 11/7/2022 at 12:32 PM, darkstar said:

The seller is an eBay partnered charity. Those books were likely donations and the person listing them probably has zero understanding of comic books or grading. 

Well, they have an awful lot of listings for CGC Vampis at hundreds of dollars more than I see them listed anywhere else, so it makes me suspicious of the seller in the first place.

If it's all legit and all for charity, then great--but this isn't the first time I've wondered if it's not.

On 11/7/2022 at 12:37 PM, Axe Elf said:

It may have started out as CGC's fault for switching the labels, but when they're listing the book as a CGC 8.5 Vampi #1, even though the label clearly says Vampi #7, they have become complicit in sweeping the error under the rug for profit--and it seems like that would be fraudulent; whether or not they are a "charity."

Like I said, I'd be glad to eat whatever loss I took on an 8.5 Vampi #7 if I could sell a 3.5 Vampi #1 as an 8.5.

Has anyone just reached out to them and pointed out the mistake? If not, I am happy to. My guess is that they aren’t paying attention 

On 11/7/2022 at 3:04 PM, Gregd said:

Has anyone just reached out to them and pointed out the mistake? If not, I am happy to. My guess is that they aren’t paying attention 

Someone should and I hope you’re right. The high starting bid belies their ignorance though. 

On 11/7/2022 at 2:43 PM, Gregd said:

Got a message back: They said thank you and will work on correcting it today. 

Looks like they're in no hurry.

On 11/11/2022 at 2:12 PM, batmiesta said:
On 11/11/2022 at 10:48 AM, lou_fine said:

You really can't be serious with your question here as I suspect everybody already knows the obvious answer to this question?  :wink:

:tumbleweed:

Well, that's certainly a nice and cute response. (thumbsu

Seriously though, the answer to your question is that Josh only wanted to report selective sales to GPA.  More specifically, only select auction sales that outperformed and not any that would be viewed as underperforming.  As we all know though, that would certainly present only a misleading skewed and very biased reporting of auction results from CL.  :(

On 11/7/2022 at 9:10 PM, Axe Elf said:

Looks like they're in no hurry.

So 1 day to go on the auction, 5 days after being notified of the definitely incorrect and potentially fraudulent listing--and still with no bids--the listing remains unchanged.

Had they taken immediate action, the pendulum would have strongly favored merely incorrect; an uncaught CGC quality control issue or something.  But each day that passes moves the pendulum one notch toward "fraudulent" in my book--now they have KNOWLEDGE of the error and are complicit.

They act like there's no Rush, but if you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice, if you know what I mean...