• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Record Magazine Prices - Throw out your Overstreet Guide!
11 11

1,155 posts in this topic

Wow. I heard Jim Warren was not doing well. I guess he's feeling good enough to go out in public, but would he sign books? I wonder also if CGC will try to set up a SS session with Warren, and is there any inside info on that?

Well his name was just added to the list http://www.comic-con.org/cci/cci_guests.shtml . CGC and a ton of ss witnesses will be there so...I would think something could be set up.I will post in SS form and see what happens.Dont want people getting upset for thread derailment.

Edited by Dollarbill

Is there anything better than coming home to a box filled with Warren's back from CGC?

groupshot.jpg

As it relates to this forum, these were all picked up for reasonable prices, but they show like gems. I feel there's going to come a day when these books are discovered again. Right now though, I can buy all this for less than what I paid for one GA book. And even if they aren't worth a fortune, they look great, so who really cares. Better for us folks who are looking to find them.

Very nice, (worship)

I am waiting for a box also, about 10 books, should be here Friday.

Best 2 in the box will be a Creepy #9 @ 9.4 (that could have been higher if not for a deadly tape accident, don't ask :cry:

and, a Vampirella #10 @ 9.6

Nice. :applause:

Of the 25 or so raw books I sent in only one scored a 9.2, there were a few 9.0's, 8.5's, a lot of 7.0's and the a few surprises in 5.5's and even 5.0's. I'll eventually upgrade the lower grades to 8's or 9's.

Ya. I've bought a few CGC slabbed Warren's from them. They've actually have had some decent deals. I'll have to revisit this.

P.s. I started another string about this, to try to revive this sleepy board topic.

Talk about record prices...actually I don't know if these are record or not, I have never seen some of these books for sell ever. This guy had a massive collection of Foreign Horror Magazines mostly Warren, and got upwards of $100 for a handfull of them....Pretty cool stuff...

http://completed.shop.ebay.com/merchant/kching7_W0QQLHQ5fCompleteZ1QQ_sinceZ15

-bounty!

Wow, it's been almost 2 years since this thread has gotten any action. I've been insanely busy with work and maintaining our first house but try and still keep a finger on the pulse. I havn't boughten in quite a bit of time but still do track auctions when they pop up. This one was a doozy for a group of Raw HG Skywald Psycho's.

Here is the summary (just in case the images ever get deleted from imageshack)

Psycho #1 : 9.4 : $153

Psycho #2 : 9.6 : $154.50

Psycho #3 : 9.2 : $46

Psycho #4 : 9.2 : $34

Psycho #5 : 9.4 : $177 :o

Psycho #6 : 9.2 : $52

Psycho #7 : 9.4 : $39

Psycho #8 : 9.4 : $53

Psycho #9 : 9.4 : $119

Psycho #10 : 9.2: $57

Psycho Annual : $52

skywald182410.jpg

skywald282410.jpg

It would be if someone actually bought it at that price.

As for the Psychos...they aren't that plentiful and getting them in sharp shape isn't so easy, so I can that bidding getting to where it got. Most of those bids are only around guide anyway.