• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Record Magazine Prices - Throw out your Overstreet Guide!
11 11

1,155 posts in this topic

I've been googling daily for weeks and none of that ever came up.  Hmph.  What are you, in lower Mozambique or something where Google is different?

Condition says "Good"; is that the eeBay "Good" or the comic grading scale "Good"?

On 4/26/2022 at 8:20 PM, Axe Elf said:

I've been googling daily for weeks and none of that ever came up.  Hmph.  What are you, in lower Mozambique or something where Google is different?

Condition says "Good"; is that the eeBay "Good" or the comic grading scale "Good"?

It was $5. As long as it doesn't smell like cat pee I'm OK with it. 

On 4/26/2022 at 5:38 PM, wombat said:

200w.gif

Now I’m trying to remember what the one book I ever bought that I did have to throw out because of the smell was… I know I kept it bagged and waited until I got a replacement before actually dumping it.

On 4/26/2022 at 8:42 PM, OtherEric said:

Now I’m trying to remember what the one book I ever bought that I did have to throw out because of the smell was… I know I kept it bagged and waited until I got a replacement before actually dumping it.

I've been pretty lucky. Never received a book that smelled really bad. A few musty ones for sure, but nothing terrible. 

See if it was an EERIE, I could accept a $5 cat pee copy.  It would blend.

My CREEPY standard is more in the F-VF range.

I wouldn't store my Vampirellas in the same room as a cat pee book.

On 4/26/2022 at 5:51 PM, Axe Elf said:

I'm not too stressed about #44, there are two or three I could snap up now, but I'm holding out for better.

Made a $20 offer on a $30 listing that was accepted, so I can cross CREEPY #44 off the list.  Just #10 and #29 to go.

On 4/27/2022 at 2:45 PM, Axe Elf said:

Made a $20 offer on a $30 listing that was accepted, so I can cross CREEPY #44 off the list.  Just #10 and #29 to go.

Sweet. If you are looking for high grade that #29 is going to be tough. 

On 4/27/2022 at 6:51 PM, oakman29 said:

Sweet. If you are looking for high grade that #29 is going to be tough. 

Yeah, not HIGH high grade.  The bulk of my CREEPY collection is in the 6.0-8.0 range, with maybe a few higher and lower, so I'm not shooting for the moon here.  I'd even take a 4.0ish to 5.0ish copy of a hard-to-find issue like #29, if I could get it for $25-$35--but I won't pay $60 or more for one in that grade.  Getting a nice-looking 6.0 or better under $50 is still my current goal.  There are a few out there that are kind of close, but I'm holding out for another month or two to see what comes down the pike.

The #10, though...  I was hoping to get away with a 7.0-7.5 copy for $30-$40, but it's starting to look more and more like I'm either going to have to lower my standard or increase my budget; nice #10s are not going cheap.

Another nice Skywald ended tonight

OFFERED ITEM
AUCTION DETAILS

SCREAM #1
CGC 9.4 NM / WHITE Pages
Add to WantList 
2nd Highest Graded

50010440094000000767629004_TH.jpg
Auction Starts: 4/14/2022 8:00:00 PM ET

Current Bid: $451
Auction Ends: 4/27/2022 11:40:25 PM ET
Starting Bid: $1
Bid Count: 21
Time Left: Auction Has Ended
Edited by This is Who We Are

On 4/28/2022 at 12:49 AM, This is Who We Are said:

Another nice Skywald ended tonight

OFFERED ITEM
AUCTION DETAILS

SCREAM #1
CGC 9.4 NM / WHITE Pages
Add to WantList 
2nd Highest Graded

50010440094000000767629004_TH.jpg
Auction Starts: 4/14/2022 8:00:00 PM ET

Current Bid: $451
Auction Ends: 4/27/2022 11:40:25 PM ET
Starting Bid: $1
Bid Count: 21
Time Left: Auction Has Ended

Thought that might have been the one that’s been on eBay listed at $1,195. Nope, that one is still there. What did this one close at?

On 4/28/2022 at 5:18 AM, Jayman said:

Thought that might have been the one that’s been on eBay listed at $1,195. Nope, that one is still there. What did this one close at?

451 -

scream 1 such an awesome cover—hardly ever comes up and in the last month there have been several high grades at auction.  
in general I’ve been told high grade skywalds are not only few and far between but the ones out there are buried deep in peoples collections so with several of these comin up recently  wondering if these were from estate sales - yikes.  But that one above seemed to be a really sharp copy- white pages even. 

itd be nice if a raw in the wild presented itself as I’m finding slabbed higher grades keep climbing.  Not sure what the long time members think of this and other recent prices. If the above was a surprise - high or low or just as expected? But that cover is awesome

Edited by This is Who We Are

On 4/28/2022 at 5:46 AM, Rip said:

That was my copy that just sold. Went for a bit less than I was hoping but still did quite well considering what I originally paid for it raw 4-5 years ago.

Yeah! I knew it was yours and I was hoping it would top the last one, you still did good though. :flipbait:

On 4/28/2022 at 2:24 PM, This is Who We Are said:

451 -

scream 1 such an awesome cover—hardly ever comes up and in the last month there have been several high grades at auction.  
in general I’ve been told high grade skywalds are not only few and far between but the ones out there are buried deep in peoples collections so with several of these comin up recently  wondering if these were from estate sales - yikes.  But that one above seemed to be a really sharp copy- white pages even. 

itd be nice if a raw in the wild presented itself as I’m finding slabbed higher grades keep climbing.  Not sure what the long time members think of this and other recent prices. If the above was a surprise - high or low or just as expected? But that cover is awesome

One 9.6 and five 9.4's so I think it was pretty low when you think of some crazy prices much lesser books are realizing.