• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Record Magazine Prices - Throw out your Overstreet Guide!
11 11

1,155 posts in this topic

It shows up as "The seller ended this listing early because the item is no longer available for sale" and the two offers as "Declined" and "Expired" - confused-smiley-013.gif Can you shed some light?

David is the seller. gossip.gif

My guess:

He let the offer Expire/Decline to sell it "off eBay" to avoid fees. blush.gif

It shows up as "The seller ended this listing early because the item is no longer available for sale" and the two offers as "Declined" and "Expired" - confused-smiley-013.gif Can you shed some light?

Private sale - regular client; not one of the low ball offers on eBay.

* Record Alert * Record Alert * Record Alert *

Web of Horror #3 Graded NM 9.4/9.5 Raw sells for $550.00 893whatthe.gif

1176689-Web-Of-Horror_3_NM_550_6617257741.PNG

My experience with this seller has been books are overgraded by a grade level. So this is most likely a solid NM 9.2 copy. With maybe a shot at the 9.4 status.

None the less, CGC's census has contested that there just are not many High grade copies of this book available... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Great to see some of the upper tier quality copies of Comic Magazines making some strides.

-bounty

1176689-Web-Of-Horror_3_NM_550_6617257741.PNG.dbf114d990bb4bd40b678c3f075503ec.PNG

Edited by bounty_coder

Well, these aren't really magazines, but most of us Magazine fans are horror fans, and these are definitely Horror related. Nice to see this specific niche' mini-series starting to get good pricing. Especially since OSPG has them at $3 a pop still...

Jason vs Leatherface Comic - Topp Comics - #2 - 4/17/06 - $21.65

Jason Vs. Leatherface #1 from Topps Comics from 1995 - 4/17/06 - $19.50

Jason Vs. Leatherface 1-3 Very Rare. NM Condition. HOT! - 4/17/06 - $81.00

893whatthe.gif

Begs the question...what would the fan-boys do with the original Proof sheets of the art?... http://boards.collectors-society.com/sho...;vc=1&nt=17

-bounty

Well I'm sure I've missed a lot as I've been on haitus, but I'm seeing some interesting ones spark up again:

Okay yes Creepy #29 is one of those Scarcer issues (no idea why) that Overstreet doesnt list as scarce, but this sucker went 5x Guide's raw value in VF! :o

Creepy #29 1969 VF 8.0 - $100.91

Creepy #32 awknowledged as beeing scarce by OSPG, went 3x Guide in FN+

Creepy #32 1970 FN+ 6.5 - $47.70

And the famous Eerie #17 low distribution in FN 6.0 jacked up almost 6x over guide raw... (shrug)

EERIE #17 FINE 6.0 LOW DISTRIBUTION 1968 - $173.49

The wonderful Frazetta cover in Eerie #23 has always been a coveted issue as it has also been harder to attain, this one went 5x guide raw

EERIE #23 VERY GOOD 4.0 FRAZETTA CV. / ADAMS ART 1969 - $51.00

Skywalds getting some serious love here at about 2.5 times guide Raw.

Psycho # 13 NM 9.4 - $87.00

Psycho # 11 NM 9.4 - $82.00

- b :insane: unty

The Zilla4f prices are not the norm., check the Zilla thread in the General forum

For sure, that's why they made it into the "Record magazine Prices thread" :baiting:

But seriously, from experience I know that Zilla grades quite conservatively and people have started to pay over guide for advertised grade knowing this.

-bounty

The wonderful Frazetta cover on Eerie #23 has always been a coveted issue as it has also been harder to attain, this one went 5x guide raw

Eerie #23, is to me one of the best, if not the best Frazzetta cover. It's nice to see these books getting some deserved attention. Frazetta, Adams, Wrightson, Sanjulian, Corben, Kelly, Morrow and countless other greats did art for Warren.