• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MAN OF STEEL 2 starring Henry Cavill (TBD)
4 4

445 posts in this topic

I think MOS2 should start with Luthor escaping from jail. As soon as he exits his cell, Superman breaks through the roof, throws him back into his cell, says "HELL NO" and slams the door shut.

Then Braniac arrives.

I would love for them to follow up on that empty pod that was in the Kryptonian ship Clark visits in the Canadian Arctic. The hint was it was Supergirl, and her ship was lost in time and crash-landed on Earth far in the past.

Man Of Steel Preview Comic Shows Supergirl Exists In Film Universe

man-of-steel-comic-1.jpg

man-of-steel-comic-2.jpg

man-of-steel-comic-3.jpg

man-of-steel-comic-4.jpg

COLLIDER: ‘Man of Steel 2’: Who Should Direct the Superman Sequel?

However, with word now rumbling that Man of Steel 2 may be getting off the ground at some point in the relatively near future, it’s time to think about who may be spearheading this sequel. Man of Steel director Zack Snyder is currently busy shooting Justice League and one imagines he may have had his fill of the DCEU by the time Man of Steel 2 gets off the ground, which opens up the possibility to have a different filmmaker come in and put his or her own spin on the character.

George Miller – Mad Max: Fury Road, Babe: Pig in the City

Brad Bird – The Incredibles, Tomorrowland

Matthew Vaughn – Kick , Kingsman: The Secret Service

Susanne Bier – The Night Manager

Michelle MacLaren – Breaking Bad

Lorene Scafaria – Seeking a Friend for the End of the World

Joss Whedon – The Avengers, Serenity

Bennett Miller – Moneyball, Foxcatcher

Phil Lord and Chris Miller – The LEGO Movie, 21 Jump Street

Francis Lawrence – The Hunger Games: Catching Fire, I Am Legend

kathryn-bigelow-zero-dark-thirty

Kathryn Bigelow – Zero Dark Thirty, Point Break

Damien Chazelle – Whiplash

Alex Garland – Ex Machina

Denis Villeneuve – Sicario, Prisoners

Pete Docter – Up, Inside Out

Jeff Nichols – Mud, Midnight Special

Drew Goddard – The Cabin in the Woods

Jonathan Levine – Warm Bodies, The Night Before

Christopher McQuarrie – Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation, Jack Reacher

Jennifer Kent – The Babadook

Steven Soderbergh – Ocean’s Eleven, The Knick

Matt Duffer and Ross Duffer – Stranger Things

David Michôd — The outside-affiliatelinksnotallowed, Animal Kingdom

Cary Fukunaga – True Detective, Beasts of No Nation

F. Gary Gray — The Italian Job, Straight Outta Compton

Zack Snyder — Man of Steel, 300

Josh Trank – Fantastic Four, Chronicle

George Miller!

COLLIDER: ‘Man of Steel 2’: Who Should Direct the Superman Sequel?

However, with word now rumbling that Man of Steel 2 may be getting off the ground at some point in the relatively near future, it’s time to think about who may be spearheading this sequel. Man of Steel director Zack Snyder is currently busy shooting Justice League and one imagines he may have had his fill of the DCEU by the time Man of Steel 2 gets off the ground, which opens up the possibility to have a different filmmaker come in and put his or her own spin on the character.

George Miller – Mad Max: Fury Road, Babe: Pig in the City

Brad Bird – The Incredibles, Tomorrowland

Matthew Vaughn – Kick , Kingsman: The Secret Service

Susanne Bier – The Night Manager

Michelle MacLaren – Breaking Bad

Lorene Scafaria – Seeking a Friend for the End of the World

Joss Whedon – The Avengers, Serenity

Bennett Miller – Moneyball, Foxcatcher

Phil Lord and Chris Miller – The LEGO Movie, 21 Jump Street

Francis Lawrence – The Hunger Games: Catching Fire, I Am Legend

kathryn-bigelow-zero-dark-thirty

Kathryn Bigelow – Zero Dark Thirty, Point Break

Damien Chazelle – Whiplash

Alex Garland – Ex Machina

Denis Villeneuve – Sicario, Prisoners

Pete Docter – Up, Inside Out

Jeff Nichols – Mud, Midnight Special

Drew Goddard – The Cabin in the Woods

Jonathan Levine – Warm Bodies, The Night Before

Christopher McQuarrie – Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation, Jack Reacher

Jennifer Kent – The Babadook

Steven Soderbergh – Ocean’s Eleven, The Knick

Matt Duffer and Ross Duffer – Stranger Things

David Michôd — The outside-affiliatelinksnotallowed, Animal Kingdom

Cary Fukunaga – True Detective, Beasts of No Nation

F. Gary Gray — The Italian Job, Straight Outta Compton

Zack Snyder — Man of Steel, 300

Josh Trank – Fantastic Four, Chronicle

George Miller!

If Geoff Johns could get George Miller, that's my first indication that he may be a good counterpart to Kevin Feige. Feige's first gets for the in-house Marvel movies were Jon Favreau and Joss Whedon, and everyone loved those picks. With Miller riding high after Mad Max, it looks like a solid pick.

On the other hand, he got fired from the previous Justice League movie. But was he fired for good reason? If he was, getting him again may be out of the question.

If Geoff Johns could get George Miller, that's my first indication that he may be a good counterpart to Kevin Feige. Feige's first gets for the in-house Marvel movies were Jon Favreau and Joss Whedon, and everyone loved those picks. With Miller riding high after Mad Max, it looks like a solid pick.

On the other hand, he got fired from the previous Justice League movie. But was he fired for good reason? If he was, getting him again may be out of the question.

Where did you read George Miller was fired from directing Justice League Mortal? The consistent root cause has been the Writer's Guild strike at the time which interfered in the -script being completed and the Australian 40 percent tax rebate which was factored into the budget and then revoked last-minute.

George Miller Reflects on Canceled Justice League Movie

Rumors have persisted for years about what eventually brought down the planned film, which had assembled a cast and a large amount of production and pre-production work from Weta FX before shutting down production. Most versions of the story place the blame on a shift in Austalian tax policy and/or the then-ongoing Hollywood writers’ strike. Asked to clarify for /Film, Miller explained:

“I really was attracted to it. But there was a writers strike looming. We had to cast it very quickly, which we did with Warner’s casting people. And we cast it really quickly and we mounted it very quickly. And it depended on a start date and it depended on some basic rebate legislation that had just got through a new Australian government. But it was just too big a decision for them to make in the time. And that fell through and the whole film fell through. We almost got there. And it wasn’t to be. But that happens a lot, where films line up and the stars look like they’re aligning and they didn’t.”

It turns out the Australian rebate was pulled back when it was realized the film was more under American control, and therefore not a project helping an up-and-comer local trying to break into film. How that was missed early on by Australia is interesting in itself.

Where did you read George Miller was fired from directing Justice League Mortal? The consistent root cause has been the Writer's Guild strike at the time which interfered in the -script being completed and the Australian 40 percent tax rebate which was factored into the budget and then revoked last-minute.

If Marvel faces that during the production of "Avengers," I don't see it cancelling the film, I see it delaying it. So why wasn't Miller asked back along with his cast and screenplay and why was the movie delayed for a decade? I'm particularly sad about this with regards to his Wonder Woman casting who I like more than Gal Gadot. :pullhair: Ultimately, we don't know why they delayed the film or why Snyder was chosen over Miller, but there may have been a reason. Or maybe there wasn't and Miller declined.

If Marvel faces that during the production of "Avengers," I don't see it cancelling the film, I see it delaying it. So why wasn't Miller asked back along with his cast and screenplay and why was the movie delayed for a decade? I'm particularly sad about this with regards to his Wonder Woman casting who I like more than Gal Gadot. :pullhair: Ultimately, we don't know why they delayed the film or why Snyder was chosen over Miller, but there may have been a reason. Or maybe there wasn't and Miller declined.

It is a story we will probably not be open to all the details over time. Though it is clear another detractor is once they had the story and main location locked down, to meet the schedule they rushed into casting the main characters. The Superman choice is an odd one, though I am not familiar with the actor (DJ Cotrona).

Megan Gale as Wonder Woman would have been interesting to see. I didn't realize she was in the Mad Max movie until afterwards. She was the nude Valkyrie up in the tower.

megan-gale.jpg

I think what shouldn't be lost in the series of events is that amidst all of the above mentioned delays, Christoper Nolan dropped one of the biggest movies of all time, that happened to feature a Batman, and we shouldn't underestimate the stroke both Nolan and Bale had after that within WB.

If Nolan and marketing (which is a POWERFUL and well funded mechanism in the movie business) decided another project convoluted matters as it pertained to another surefire billion dollar movie forthcoming, and a future in the Nolan-business later for WB, they would have deaded and already troublesome production, no problem. In hindsight they made the right choice, because those Nolan films are money makers, and remember the word was WB was throwing crazy money at Bale and Nolan to remain involved, but they turned it down, though Nolan did stay to offer his name as a producer later.

Regarding director choices, someone mentioned Whedon and Favreau, two directors who weren't really known for spectacle, I'd like to see an Alex Garland or Denis Villeneuve get a shot at a big film, if not

DC Movie Rumors Includes J.J Abrams For Man of Steel 2

:o

:wishluck:

A new batch of DC movie rumors has hit the net. They come from 4 Chan so obviously take this with a grain of salt, but at least they're rather fun.

We see J.J. Abrams is listed as a contender to do the second Superman Man of Steel 2 film. Abrams did write the Superman: Flyby -script around 2002, plus he has had success reinventing the Star Trek and Star Wars' franchises.