• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MAN OF STEEL 2 starring Henry Cavill (TBD)
4 4

445 posts in this topic

Yeah but on 60 minutes, I thought he said he was getting sick of doing sequels/remakes and wanted to start doing original stuff again.

It's all down to the weight of one voice. A single voice that repeatedly said "I hate Man of Steel". Abrams listened to that voice and thought "By Jove! I will make a sequel that succeeds where the first movie didn't!"

Man of Steel 2 Rumors Include Brainiac & Supergirl

With renewed talk of Man of Steel 2 happening, a cool video goes over the rumors surrounding the Superman sequel.

Some of the highlights for the Man of Steel 2 rumors include:

• Potential tiles for Man of Steel 2: "Superman: Last Son" or "Superman: Last Son of Krypton."

• Geoff Johns and Zack Snyder have written the Man of Steel 2 story.

• JJ Abrams has been approached to direct Man of Steel 2 (read more rumors here).

• Doug Liman was considered (now directing Justice League Dark).

• Zack Snyder is still interested in directing Man of Steel 2.

• Zack Snyder and Geoff Johns want to complete a Superman Trilogy.

• Brainiac is the villain of Man of Steel 2.

• Man of Steel 2 opens with a Krypton sequence featuring Zod vs Brainiac in a battle for Kandora.

• Supergirl is a soldier trapped by Brainiac.

• General Sam Lane would have a small role in Man of Steel 2 with the potential to be built up as a bigger antagonist for a later film.

• Lois Lane is said to have small role.

• Man of Steel 2 story mainly focuses on Superman, Brainiac and Krypton.

• Capital city of Hawkman's homeworld (Thanagar) will be in Brainiac's collection.

• Martian Manhunter was discussed in that he would chase Brainiac to Earth after capturing his race and family.

• Superman will travel to space (guessed deep space).

• Supergirl will meet Superman in Brainiac's ship.

• In Man of Steel 2, Superman fights Brainiac twice: first in space and then on Earth.

• Justice League shows at the end of Man of Steel 2 to assist Superman against Brainiac.

:wishluck::wishluck:

Man of Steel 2 Rumors Include Brainiac & Supergirl

With renewed talk of Man of Steel 2 happening, a cool video goes over the rumors surrounding the Superman sequel.

Some of the highlights for the Man of Steel 2 rumors include:

• Potential tiles for Man of Steel 2: "Superman: Last Son" or "Superman: Last Son of Krypton."

• Geoff Johns and Zack Snyder have written the Man of Steel 2 story.

• JJ Abrams has been approached to direct Man of Steel 2 (read more rumors here).

• Doug Liman was considered (now directing Justice League Dark).

• Zack Snyder is still interested in directing Man of Steel 2.

• Zack Snyder and Geoff Johns want to complete a Superman Trilogy.

• Brainiac is the villain of Man of Steel 2.

• Man of Steel 2 opens with a Krypton sequence featuring Zod vs Brainiac in a battle for Kandora.

• Supergirl is a soldier trapped by Brainiac.

• General Sam Lane would have a small role in Man of Steel 2 with the potential to be built up as a bigger antagonist for a later film.

• Lois Lane is said to have small role.

• Man of Steel 2 story mainly focuses on Superman, Brainiac and Krypton.

• Capital city of Hawkman's homeworld (Thanagar) will be in Brainiac's collection.

• Martian Manhunter was discussed in that he would chase Brainiac to Earth after capturing his race and family.

• Superman will travel to space (guessed deep space).

• Supergirl will meet Superman in Brainiac's ship.

• In Man of Steel 2, Superman fights Brainiac twice: first in space and then on Earth.

• Justice League shows at the end of Man of Steel 2 to assist Superman against Brainiac.

:wishluck::wishluck:

sounds good in point form synopsis.

Brainiac has always been my favorite villain for Superman.

So yes I too am :wishluck:

New Superman Standalone Movie Confirmed By Henry Cavill's Management

Henry Cavill’s management has confirmed the actor is in development for the much-anticipated sequel.

Speaking with Newsweek, Dany Garcia spoke about her client and said Henry is poised to take Hollywood by storm in a year or two.

“Henry has a big appetite,” she said. “We’ve been in a five-month period of time where he’s re-strategizing, acquiring property [for his production company Promethean], he’s filming [Justice League] now, he’s in development for the Superman standalone… he’s beginning to expand that world.”

Of course, many fans are excited to get some official confirmation on the film. The Wrap was the first site to tease rumors about the sequel as a source told them, “Superman is a top priority for the studio and getting the character right for audiences is of tantamount importance.” Before that, Warner Bros. also hinted a Superman movie might be in the works when they debuted their future film slate for DC Entertainment and noted the schedule allowed for possible “standalone Batman and Superman films.”

Speaking with Newsweek, Dany Garcia spoke about her client and said Henry is poised to take Hollywood by storm in a year or two.

I just realized something. Henry Cavill's agent is Dwayne Johnson's agent and ex-wife.

Dwayne Johnson's Rock: Meet Dany Garcia, the Woman Behind Hollywood's Highest Earner

Behind Johnson is a 15-strong team at Los Angeles-based talent agency William Morris Endeavor (WME) working solely on his interests. Leading the charge is a woman who he counts not only as his long-time manager, but one of his closest confidantes and his producing partner: Dany Garcia. She also happens to be his ex-wife.

“The title of world’s highest paid actor is a testament to the brilliant execution of a shared vision by an amazing group of individuals and an iconic star,” Garcia tells Newsweek. “I’m so proud of everyone and it is truly so well deserved.”

Could this be the project Dwayne Johnson has been hinting will bring Black Adam to the screen sooner than 2019?

It would be awesome if they worked Black Adam into the next Supes movie. :wishluck:

Superman and Black Adam team up against Brainiac and a brainwashed Supergirl hm

I like it!

A reformed Black Adam means Johnson can retain his "hero" role. Just don't get any ideas about shoehorning Shazam into MOS 2 and therefore scrapping the planned movie (tsk)

Superman/Shazam!: The Return of Black Adam was a really fun animated movie. Especially watching Billy Batson get comfortable with his own powers.

It would be really cool to see that played out in a live movie.

It was superb (thumbs u

But "as above" :eek:

A reformed Black Adam means Johnson can retain his "hero" role. Just don't get any ideas about shoehorning Shazam into MOS 2 and therefore scrapping the planned movie (tsk)

:ohnoez:

:ohnoez: indeed! That's the one I really want to see!

Amy Adams Confirms MAN OF STEEL 2

Amy Adams, while doing press with Jeremy Renner for their latest movie Arrival, confirms the new Superman Man of Steel 2 as well.

Amy Adams says she found out the news about Man of Steel 2 when everyone else did and goes on to state she knows they are working on the Man of Steel 2 -script.

"I read about Man of Steel 2 when you guys did," Amy Adams told HeyUGuys in the below video. "A lot of times I find out sort of after the fact [laughs], which is fine. It's completely normal. That's not indicative of anything, but yeah. I know they are working on a -script, and I know that it's in the works, apparently. Yeah."

I had forgotten about this potential link between the two actors.

‘Man of Steel 2’ cast: Dwayne Johnson teases Black Adam and Superman clash

ata-johnson-l-and-dwayne-johnson-attend-the-hbo-ballers-season-2-red-carpet-premiere-and-reception-on-july-14-2016-at-new-world-symphony-in-miami-beach-florida.jpg

Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson is confirmed to take on the role of villain Black Adam in DC's upcoming adaptation of "Shazam." However, Shazam is not Black Adam's sole nemesis in the comic books, and fans are excited to see him potentially go head to head with another superhero: Superman.

Like Us on Facebook

Speaking with Total Film, Johnson teased a possibility of Black Adam crossing into other movies in the expansive DC Extended Universe, particularly in "Man of Steel 2." "It was all agreed that the worlds are all interconnected... One day you will see Black Adam go at it with Superman or Batman or any of the DC characters," Johnson said. "But that said, there's a great independence to Black Adam from the DC world, allowing us to inject, not only viciousness, but also winking humor"

The "Shazam" movie won't be out until 2019, so there is a chance developments could change over at DC and Warner Bros. that might open up a possibility for Black Adam to appear in the highly-awaited "Man of Steel 2."

Superhero Movie Gods - Please Make This Happen!

Warner Bros. Reportedly Eyeing X-Men: First Class Director For Man Of Steel 2

Warner Bros. is reportedly eyeing X-Men: First Class director Matthew Vaughn to direct Man of Steel 2, the sequel to the Zack Snyder Superman movie that launched the DC Extended Universe.

According to Collider’s sources, Warner Bros. is in preliminary talks with the Kingsman: The Secret Service director about helming the Superman sequel, but they have not yet reached the point where they’re hashing out a deal.

If Vaughn does pass on directing Man of Steel 2, sources say that Warner Bros. will continue to court him for another DC Extended Universe movie.