• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MAN OF STEEL 2 starring Henry Cavill (TBD)
4 4

445 posts in this topic

Rumor: Black Adam May Play A Big Role In Man Of Steel 2

Thanks to an anonymous source, a recent Reddit post (via CinemaBlend) detailed the new rumors about the DCEU earlier today. In the breakdown, the rumor suggests that Warner Bros. has wanted to bring Black Adam into the fold of Man of Steel 2, even if it means giving the anti-hero a cameo. However, the post goes on to say that Black Adam may play a more significant role than previously expected. Allegedly, the studio hopes to capitalize on Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson as the actor has been cast as Black Adam in the DCEU. If the rumors are true, Warner Bros. is not sure if Shazam! can introduce the villain with enough vigor, but they do think Matthew Vaughn could make the debut work if the director is brought on-board for Man of Steel 2.

Of course, much - if not all - of the report needs to be taken with a heavy pinch of salt. The rumors also suggest that Warner Bros. may scrap plans for a Shazam! standalone and introduce Bill Batson elsewhere. That information conflicts with previous reports which say that David F. Sandberg is in talks to oversee the film.

However, there are fans who think the idea of Black Adam making an appearance in Man of Steel 2 would make sense. Since the holidays passed, Johnson has made it clear that he’d like to see Black Adam take on Superman.

Exclusive: Dwayne Johnson Teases Fight with Superman; Says DC Fans Are In for a Major Surprise

151123.jpg

Get ready to watch Dwayne Johnson throw down with Henry Cavill’s Superman, and according to Johnson we may see his big introduction to the DC Cinematic Universe as the character Black Adam sooner than you’d think.

While doing press for his upcoming Baywatch, Johnson spoke with Fandango correspondant Nikki Novak, confirming that his DC debut is most definitely in the works, and that fans should prepare for a major surprise.

“It’s definitely going to happen, sure,” he said when asked for a status on his Black Adam movie. “We’ve had great conversations with Geoff Johns and everyone over at DC. It’s an exciting time right now for everyone at DC because they are in a process now where they are building out [their DC universe] really nicely. We have a really cool surprise for Black Adam that I can’t reveal, in terms of where we will see Black Adam being introduced.”

That would be awesome! End the movie with a cliffhanger where something knocks Superman out of the sky and when he looks up he sees Black Adam in the air looking down at him just like you would in a comic. :wishluck:

Edited by kimik

Patty Jenkins Would Love to Direct a Superman Movie

Wonder-Woman-and-Superman.jpg?auto=forma

If given the opportunity to helm another DC Comics movie, Patty Jenkins said she would love to direct Superman. It’s no secret that Jenkins’ Wonder Woman film, starring Gal Gadot as the eponymous superhero, was under significant pressure to score well with critics following the divisiveness of the previous installments in the DC Extended Universe, namely Zack Snyder’s Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice and David Ayer’s Suicide Squad. As it so happens, Wonder Woman is not only critically-acclaimed, but it’s also a worldwide box office hit.

For argument’s sake, if Jenkins isn’t offered the role or if she doesn’t accept the job, would she be willing to take on another DC Comics film instead? In a recent Reddit AMA, Jenkins was asked if she would be interested in tackling another DC superhero if given the chance, and she said that she would love to make a Superman movie.

“It’s no secret that I love Superman but right now I’m just happy doing Wonder Woman.”

KINGSMAN: THE GOLDEN CIRCLE Director Matthew Vaughn Seemingly Confirms MAN OF STEEL 2 Talks

153856.jpg

During a press junket for Kingsman: The Golden Circle, HeyUguys asked Vaughn about the possibility of him taking the reigns of the solo Superman franchise. Although the director's response seems to suggest that he's going to be busy for the next while, he does reaffirm his love for the character and mentions that he has "had chats" about the iconic DC hero.

“I am planning another Kingman, I’ve written the treatment and some of the scenes…I don’t know what I’m going to do next but I have had chats about Superman, I love Superman. “If somebody asks me to do Indiana Jones, most of the superheros or Star Wars the fanboy in me can’t help but be excited.”

Matthew Vaughn Wants to Bring Back Classic Superman in 'Man of Steel 2'

man-of-steel-2-ideas-matthew-vaughn-1021

In a recent interview with Collider, Vaughn opened up to tease his vision of a Superman movie, which you can read below:

“Weirdly if I did do Superman—and I made the mistake of telling someone yesterday I have spoken about it and then wallop (laughs)...I think my main take would be - it’s really boring - but make a Superman film. I just don’t feel a proper Superman—I think Donner did it to perfection for that time. Just doing the modern—I wanna do a modern version of the Donner [version]. Go back to the source material… For me Superman is color, feel-good, heroic. He’s a beacon of light in darkness. And that’s what I think Superman should be.”

1 hour ago, Chillax23 said:

I liked Man of Steel a lot - I also liked a darker/conflicted Superman, so I hope they don't swing too far in the opposite direction here.  Throw in Brainiac as the villain and it could be a winner :)

Brainiac would be cool. Under no circumstances can they use Lex Luthor again. The audience is bored with Luthor.

The key to the next Superman movie will be the villian.

Superman doesn't have the luxury of Batman when it comes to having good villians.

26 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

Brainiac would be cool. Under no circumstances can they use Lex Luthor again. The audience is bored with Luthor.

The key to the next Superman movie will be the villian.

Superman doesn't have the luxury of Batman when it comes to having good villians.

Could use: Metallo, Parasite, Brainiac, Bizarro Lobo - so there are some good ones to choose from

50 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

hm

Metallo could really work. I would actually prefer him over all the rest. A true evil villian.

Lobo could be a side character. A temporary distraction from the real villain. But then he teams up to assist Superman - before wanting to teach him a final lesson who is tougher.

IdealHeftyHerald-small.gif

Henry Cavill has another Superman movie left on his contract

Ben Affleck and Gal Gadot’s original deals had them signed up for three movies in the DC Films Universe, but it sounds like Henry Cavill signed up for four. In an interview with the LA Times, Cavill, who has already appeared in three movies, confirmed that he has another movie left on his contract and is excited to tell Superman’s story again.

“There’s a wonderful opportunity to tell the Superman story,” Cavill said. “Now there is a fantastic chance to show Superman in his full colors and tell a very complex, character-driven movie that is based on story and have that wonderful sensation of hope and happiness. A feel-good movie with lessons laced in there as well.”

Cavill said that he and Justice League director Joss Whedon really saw eye-to-eye on certain aspects of Superman during the reshoots.

“I’ve always enjoyed the traditional, very classic view on Superman in the comic books,” Cavill said. “I think there’s an enormous complexity to that character. I know when I was working with Joss he and I saw eye-to-eye on some of the aspects of Superman. That paragon of hope. That ideal. That wonderful feeling of, ‘Oh, good, Superman’s here!’ I have also developed a very personal and protective relationship over this character, and it was just lovely to have the opportunity to smile and feel good.”