• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wolverine #1 CGC 9.9 WP: 1st Wolverine as Patch!

24 posts in this topic

Congrats on a nice book, and the well written, albeit somewhat dramatic post.

Thanks! Yeah, I would agree that it's a bit dramatic; however, after loosing ALL of my prized books (about 50K worth) and having started from scratch just in February of 2015, re-acquiring books like this and even looking better than my previous copies is CRAZY in such a short amount of time! You are reading the "passion" I have for this hobby and excitement in rebuilding another world class collection one book at a time! So yeah, I'm ecstatic and very thankful to own these pristine books!

-Professor Pecora

Great journal! Did you leave out how you obtained this book? Also, is there another post explaining the loss of your collection?

Thanks Bobbyusc!

I actually purchased the book from a dealer from Canada off of eBay in early February of 2016. I got a great deal on it and saw the potential it had to become at least a CGC 9.9.

I actually wrote a journal regarding liquidating my entire collection back in 2013. It's a bit lengthy, but I was told by other collectors that it's a really honest, inspiring and good read :-)

Here is the link: ----> "The Professor's Hiatus from CGC Comic Collecting: An Insider's Perspective Into the Life & Times of a CGC Comic Collecting Addict!"

Enjoy!

-Professor Pecora