• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pick Five

54 posts in this topic

I honestly think I couldn't do this. I can't even pick a top five from my Planet Comics run let alone a top 5 of all the golden age books I own.

I tried to do this with a small stack of 15 books I have that are piled on top of my drawer boxes, and I couldn't pick a top 5 from that.

To those of you able to pick 5: I salute you!

I stuck with the covers that I remember seeing in awe for the first time as a kid. Those things stick with you. All the covers posted I first saw in Steranko's HOC book or an old Overstreet or maybe some old reprint along the way.

Cool cover + nostalgia = top covers.

033.jpg

Been looking for that Dime. Tough book!

I got lucky with that one in the early days of ebay, I think i got it for like $20 or less. That's how I got most of my really good gold comics, in the late 90s on ebay when you could find them pretty cheap sometimes. I could never afford any of them nowadays.

That's how I got most of my really good gold comics, in the late 90s on ebay when you could find them pretty cheap sometimes. I could never afford any of them nowadays.

Same here with PCH. ;)