• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC IS MY FRIEND posted by Ronnylama

21 posts in this topic

Getting tired of seeing You Tube Threads on CGC

I have submitted more books than most people. I want to be CLEAR. CGC has ALWAYS treated me fairly. I see You Tube videos and make my comments as I deem fit. I get upset when I watch some Comic Collectors Begrudge CGC. WHY? I have proof...I submit more books than most of you reading and even AFTER they came up with the new CGC CASE. If I did have a problem they will fix it. This is a HUGE SHOUT OUT TO CGC AND THE ONES WHOM I HAVE WORKED WITH....YOU ROCK

STAY TRUE AND REAL>...

nuff said

17626.jpg

See more journals by Ronnylama

Then stop watching them. Problem solved.

I have submitted more books than most people. I have proof...

Do you seriously believe that? Seriously?

I submit more books than most of you reading and even AFTER they came up with the new CGC CASE.

:eyeroll:

#CGCFORLIFE! Great post Ronny! and even greater book!

I get tired of all the CGC bashing myself. Especially from a certain couple sites. It's a shame a lot of the you tubers just like to stir up controversy even though CGC has done so much for them. I just don't watch them. I would rather look at peoples collections

I have no knowledge of how many books anyone submits compared to how many anyone else submits. And I like CGC, and use them regularly. This may be a just a sign of the times, but I read this post as.

"Many people are saying that I submit most of the books. Probably more than you. Whoever you are. Definitely more than you. CGC is the best grader. Trust me, I know comic grading, I pay CGC a lot of money to grade my books. But some of you don't trust CGC anymore, and want to rig Youtube against CGC. Sad."

Dude, that is a Sweet Sketch. Kenneth Rocafort? Dang...9.8 Double dang. Are you willing to sell or trade for it?

Thanks for the inquiry....No as I primarily hold onto my sketches. Thanks for the offer though. Dang that was a bunch more than I was willing to sell. Not for sale man

ummm, are you talking to yourself?

Then stop watching them. Problem solved.

I have submitted more books than most people. I have proof...

Do you seriously believe that? Seriously?

I submit more books than most of you reading and even AFTER they came up with the new CGC CASE.

:eyeroll:

How much do you submit, Sonny?

I have no knowledge of how many books anyone submits compared to how many anyone else submits. And I like CGC, and use them regularly. This may be a just a sign of the times, but I read this post as.

"Many people are saying that I submit most of the books. Probably more than you. Whoever you are. Definitely more than you. CGC is the best grader. Trust me, I know comic grading, I pay CGC a lot of money to grade my books. But some of you don't trust CGC anymore, and want to rig Youtube against CGC. Sad."

It's not a contest guys, Ron is simply stating the obvious in terms of number of books submitted...the sheer number of CGC books in his collection speaks for itself. There are a number of others here who submit as much and more than he does, but most people do not. Because of that he has greater perspective on the quality and service CGC provides, that's all he's saying. He's not saying "I'm better than you".

Oh and I'm not a DC fan, but dang that is a sweet HQ sketch! Also, I talk to myself out loud and in written form too...nothing wrong with a little crazy. :ohnoez:

Yeah...Perhaps I should have added that this year I have submitted well over 200 books (generally SS) and have had no problems. I should have added this statement as it does sound oddly worded unless you get the chance to know who I am as a person and collector. Merely stating I find so many videos of people who want to bash CGC.....I did not want to express more...but I just did

It's not a contest guys, Ron is simply stating the obvious in terms of number of books submitted...the sheer number of CGC books in his collection speaks for itself. There are a number of others here who submit as much and more than he does, but most people do not. Because of that he has greater perspective on the quality and service CGC provides, that's all he's saying. He's not saying "I'm better than you".

That was a nice reply - with 2610 registered CGC books and close to 700.000 Registry points, Ronnylama is in the top 1 % when it comes to points and is number 5 in the Registry (out of 5000 members) when it comes down to the number of registered CGC books. I'm not out to defend anyone, and Ronnylama's posts may easily be misunderstood - I think I just read something like "I love CGC and have a lot of experience with them - and I don't like CGC being criticized on You Tube", and I have no problem with that statement :)

Every collector who's a fan of comics should appreciate the passion we all share. Graded books by CGC has been a good thing wether someone submits 5 books a yr to 500. What really troubles me is when someone who has a wide variety of books they invest in..Yes invest in because it's a investment if ur gonna pay good money for books only to leave them in a box most of your life never to be enjoyed or displayed with pride with what you love. Ronny's collection is no exception it's a massive display of books he has a passion for and for most of us it's a inspiration to see such amazing books that really makes this hobby a addiction worthy of a life long commitment.

I have almost 800 right now at CGC. I'm just starting to catalog my collection. The number shouldn't matter, it's what you enjoy. I need to start to downsize a collection that I have had for 30-40 years. I'm still buying though, albeit keys and sketch covers. :)