• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BLOB'S ART SALE - GOLDEN AGE INTO THE 90s

18 posts in this topic

Hi, just listing a few pages from the 40s into the early 90s. I am guessing these cost $12 to ship in the USA. Multiple pages shipped together for the same price. I don't know how to ship something this big and into canada, etc. and would rather not try. I am trying to put together some spending money for our upcoming vacation so as to not rack up more credit card debt. Unless I can get these out before I leave I will ship September 6. Paypal preferred.

SOLD First up is a nice Golden Arrow page from Whiz 134 (page 23). My research indicates Anthony Cataldo is the artist on this. Some nice action sequences on this. Looking for $100. The page is huge, so I am having trouble getting it all in one shot on my phone.

whiz134_zps7wlphmtc.jpg

whiz134.2_zpskxock0rz.jpg

whiz134.3_zpsyckwebxo.jpg

Next up is a strip from Stan Asch. I have not been able to figure out what newspaper strip it is, but it certainly looks to be from the 40s or 30s. This is about 2 feet long and at some point it was folded right down the middle (the fold isn't on any of the art). Stan Asch was a creator of Dr. Midnight, Johnny Thunder and a bunch of other stuff. I have a picture of the back with his address on it, which I thought was cool because it is a mile or two north of where I grew up in NYC. I am looking for $100 for this.

asch1_zpsybggjqgo.jpg

asch2_zpsjciuqpks.jpg

asch3_zpsihhyo4nx.jpg

SOLD.....Next up is page 30 from Four Color 204, a Flash Gordon issue. Paul Norris is the artist. 1948. I would like $150 for this. The page is quite large.

FC204_zpsdma1cpj9.jpg

SOLD Next up is page 21 from Brain Boy #4. Frank Springer. I would like $150 for this. The page is also large.

brain1_zpsyx2zusdo.jpg

brain5_zpsargegwat.jpg

brain3_zpssz8nmmul.jpg

brain2_zpsxzyrke0o.jpg

brain4_zpsprpypvu7.jpg

brain6_zpssr98ke3x.jpg

SOLD...Here's a George Tuska page (#4) from Mystery in Space 115. I would like $90.

mystery_zpsn4rd4bds.jpg

SOLD....And here's a Tuska page from JLA 241 (page 9) featuring Aquaman. He is distraught over the death of his son. Neat little sketch on the back too. I would like $110.

jla241.1_zpshrn61kyu.jpg

jla241.3_zpsyyka1lkf.jpg

jla241.2_zpsfalrp8f5.jpg

SOLD....More Tuska. Page 16 from JLA 241. I would like $60.

jlaelastic_zpsg2yolxa5.jpg

SOLD Vic Catan GI Combat 276, page 6. Neat page. I would like $60.

gicombat_zpsmuq7kkcw.jpg

Sal Buscema. Hulk 287, page 12. I would like $130.

hulk.2_zpswqw2wb9r.jpg

hulk_zpsnckxsuos.jpg

Will try to list the rest today, but as you can see some have been sold. I was told I should raise my prices as I am well below FMV and I very much appreciate the honesty from a fellow boardie, but I am keeping these priced to move for now, so get them before they're gone! trying to figure out what these are worth is tough because sometimes the last similar sale was 5 or 10 years ago. I have been out of collecting OA for about 11 years so I am a little out of the loop.

Ok, here is the last of them. I will not be able to ship these until I get back on Sept. 6 as it will be too tight on monday to make it to the post office.

Robin Annual #1 (1992), p. 49. Tom Lyle and Scott Hannah. Panels show Anarky, the villian in the issue, a damsel in distress, and a dinosaur trying to eat Robin! I'd like $85.

robinannual_zpsntwjpjjy.jpg

Robin Annual 1, p. 30. Lyle and Hannah. Robin doing some detective work. $50

robinannualbooks_zpsedptjtlp.jpg