• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s STAN LEE documentary (2023)
1 1

45 posts in this topic

STAN LEE'S Life Story To Be 1970's-Set Action/Adventure Movie From Fox

http://media.comicbook.com/2016/03/stanleecameo-175117.png

Stan Lee's story is coming to the big screen.

Yes, the iconic creator of many of Marvel Comics' most beloved characters has made countless appearances in films. But this time, it’s a slice of Lee’s life that is getting the cinematic treatment — though not in the way you might expect.

Twentieth Century Fox, the studio behind the X-Men and Fantastic Four franchises, has acquired Lee's life rights with a goal of creating a period action-adventure movie, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

Marty Bowen and Wyck Godfrey, the producers behind such movies as Twilight, The Maze Runner and the upcoming Power Rangers, are attached to produce what is described as being in the tone of Kingsman: The Secret Service or, as one insider put it, "Roger Moore’s 007."

Lee and Gil Champion, Lee's partner at POW! Entertainment, will executive produce the project.

Wonder if he will cameo in his own movie...

The will probably make Jack Kirby's role small but turns out he will be the mastermind behind the entire adventure...but Lee will get the credit.

Steve Ditko will be the "man in the shadows" type of role.

Fredric Wertham should be the main villain.

I don't know about the Bond/Kingsman slant, but I always felt that Stan's life would make for a great movie; instead of Bond, more along the lines of the Social Network or Steve Jobs.

Plenty of drama between Stan and Goodman. We could see Goodman shooting down all of his ideas, while out playing golf all day. With Stan pushing for the early heroes, artists, and stable work and pay.

I used to see him as more of the villain against Kirby, but after reading a lot of the available literature out there, I came to see him more as a fairly powerless pawn of Goodman in the early days. Stan really didn't have that much power at all, and championed his artists in different ways. But there is also plenty of drama, about artists who felt they got screwed and credit not being fairly doled out. Along with drug use, a very stressful environment, greats who were later mocked and disrespected (Kirby and Heck for example), it would make for a great drama.

I think that "Marvel: the Untold Story" would make for good source material.

Edited by bronze_rules

Leonardo DiCaprio Wants to Play Stan Lee in a Biopic

I1ycYWR.png

Few characters in the Marvel universe are as compelling as the man who helped make it all happen, Stan Lee. During a panel at Wizard World Nashville attended by ComicBook.com, the Marvel icon revealed that Leonardo DiCaprio was not only one of his biggest fans, but that the Oscar-winning actor wanted to play Lee in a movie about his life.

Stan Lee's manager Max Anderson discussed an interaction in which he believed a fan was running up to Lee's car to gush over his works, only for that fan to be DiCaprio. The interaction resulted in the reveal that DiCaprio was actually neighbors with Lee, which ended up in the comics creator visiting the actor's house.

"He's a big marvel fan, in his house, he has huge posters on his walls, all over, Marvel posters. He's great," Lee explained.

This was merely the tip of the iceberg, with Lee going on to explain a project that the two had discussed.

"Doing a movie of my life, with him playing me, and I said, 'I'm not sure you're good-looking enough. We'll test you, see how you look, see how it comes out, don't get too excited, we'll let you know,'" Lee revealed of their partnership.

I haven't read the whole thread, but if this is for real then I guess it's a cool idea ..... idk...... as they often wait for them to pass to do the story, it might be nice for them to get insight from Stan 2c

I totally forgot about this movie.

What Does Disney and Fox Deal Mean for Stan Lee Personally?

Last year, Twentieth Century Fox acquired the rights to tell the story of Stan Lee's life. At the time, The Hollywood Reporter reported that Fox was planning to turn Lee into the hero of an action-adventure movie set in the 1970s and produced by Marty Bowe and Wyk Godfrey, the team behind Twilight, The Maze Runner and the Power Rangers reboot. While there hasn't been a lot of news on the project since then, back in September, Stan Lee revealed during a panel at Wizard World Nashville that Leonardo DiCaprio was not only one of the comic book legend's biggest fans, but that the Oscar-winner wanted to play Lee in a movie. Lee told fans that he and DiCaprio had even discussed the project.

"Doing a movie of my life, with him playing me, and I said, 'I'm not sure you're good-looking enough," Lee said. "We'll test you, see how you look, see how it comes out, don't get too excited, we'll let you know."

Now that Disney has acquired 21st Century Fox, that project is now in the hands of Disney and Marvel, meaning the film very well could get the Marvel Studios touch no matter who gets cast as Lee. It could also mean some change in the film, potentially shifting it from a 1970s action adventure to a more traditional biopic that could even have ties to the Marvel Cinematic Universe by exploring Lee's notorious cameos in the MCU films, though it would be unlikely that the film itself would be part of the MCU.

And with Disney now having Marvel characters under one roof, the rights to his life story now being part of Disney feels fitting, especially considering how enthusiastic Lee has been about the deal. Lee told Newsarama earlier this week that he couldn't wait to see what wonders would unfold now that everything was back together.