• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Warren Magazine Appreciation - Cover & Story Favorites
4 4

242 posts in this topic

Didn't I just say they rarely come around? makepoint.gif

Only kidding Bounty, but the scan does look MUCH better than in hand!

The spine stresses are at least 1/2" with the one towards the middle 3/4"

and the scuffing is right down to the white of the paper!

PS: These books were only available at the NYC conventions. I would like to find print run info on these 2 books. (scarce/rare?) confused-smiley-013.gif

sumo.gif HaHa.

Well as regarding the print run on these books. I think with a little sleuth work we could get a pretty darned good idea. However many people generally attend the big NYC conventions of that time, I'm sure the print run was fairly close to that number maybe within 50%-75% of the expected attendence? I dunno. I wonder if they were given away? Or if they actually had to be purchased? They fact that they were only distributed from one Convention, makes them pretty darn cool for sure! thumbsup2.gif

I'll trade you both for Midgrade copies of Hell-Rider #1 & #2 insane.gifflowerred.gif

Nice books man!

-bounty

Edited by bounty_coder

Another very dynamic scene that Frazetta has created. Just love the title..."Duel of the Monsters"...Man when will these books get respect? Amazing covers, insanely cool stories and interior art, in addition most of the fore fathers of comics where forged here. As October has said, Magazines have tremendous bang for the buck.

creepy715ch.jpg

-bounty

This one was in worse condition with the spine and scuffing... frown.gif

826202-FMConventionBook75.jpg

But when I opened it I found it was signed by "Forry" Ackerman and this slipped out in my lap! thumbsup2.gif

826202-FMConventionBook75Pamphlet.jpg

poke2.gif Jay...Did you say you think you got a VF?

FAMOUS MONSTERS 1975 Convention Book - CGC Graded 8.0 -- $305.00

-bounty

If that Blazing Combat #1 was a VF+ 8.5 or VF/NM 9.0 as the seller stated, that that would'nt be so bad. I've seen VG 5.0 copies of Blazing Combat #1 alone fetch $150. It's a very tough book to get. I havnt even bothered trying to get one for a long time

-bounty

I want a set of Blazing Combat, but not THAT bad....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...me=STRK:MEWA:IT

If that Blazing Combat #1 was a VF+ 8.5 or VF/NM 9.0 as the seller stated, that that would'nt be so bad. I've seen VG 5.0 copies of Blazing Combat #1 alone fetch $150. It's a very tough book to get. I havnt even bothered trying to get one for a long time

-bounty

Yeah, I know issue 1 is expensive (I want one myself), but it just seemed like a lot to drop on 4 books with scans so tiny they are useless. Hope the buyer got better pics before bidding.

Hello All... Here is a tough Pick-Up for me. Very limited print run. Anyone with a High Grade Copy please Message me and I will be happy to accomodate a Healthy Price.

HOUSE OF HORROR - WARREN HOLY GRAIL

houseofhorror.jpg

OOOO! I know about how hard this is to find. (wish I had one!) Nice pick-up Chris! hail.gif

Weren't a lot of these stolen from Warren or Ackerman's house? Can't remember the exact story but there might be someone sitting on a few... confused-smiley-013.gif

Can't really tell from the pic but it looks in nice shape, what grade would you give it?

And props to Bounty for help making it happen! thumbsup2.gif