• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

F-ING EBAY!!!

42 posts in this topic

So I got one of these promotional e-mails, 500 or whatever auctions.

I did not have time to list fully fleshed out auctions during the short promotional period, so I listed a bunch of auctions to start later and I'd fill in the information before they started.

When I set those up it indicated there were no fees, so I figured doing it that way was fine within the promotion, so I did a bunch.

Not so fast! When the auctions started they charged me the 30 cent listing fee!!

And, of course, I didn't actually get around to filling a bunch of them in so they were "blanks"

So now I am getting billed for 100 of these!

I am sure there is some fine print somewhere in the vast ebay website, but when you schedule an auction and it says no fee, shouldn't that be sufficient?

And, of course, it's not like I can e-mail a complaint, I need to spend hours on the phone waiting.

Were you charged a listing fee or a fee for scheduling your auction to start at a time later than when you made the listing? They’ve always charged for scheduling auctions to start at a specific time, even with promotions.

What are your margins if you are worried about listing fees?

He has every right o be pissed if Ebay is promoting a "no fee" auction listing period and he lists to get charged fees.

Well, it was mainly a bunch of $9.99 stuff and I wound up having some work issues and didn't "fill in" a bunch of them.

So it was $30 down the drain if they won't fix it as none of the auction I did flesh out actually sold and I had a bunch of "blanks". Yes, I was quite ambitious thinking I could fill in that many auctions, but something came in at work that blasted me for 4 straight days.

And on a $9.99 item where I offer free shipping the margins aren't great even if it does sell. I hope for someone to win multiple items and then it works out better. but 30 cents is 30 cents (X100).

You still have to list within the promotional dates or you forfeit the offer.

BUT IT SAID NO FEE. 100 times it said no fee!

Had it said I was being charged a fee, I wouldn't have scheduled all those auctions to start later.

Were you charged a listing fee or a fee for scheduling your auction to start at a time later than when you made the listing? They’ve always charged for scheduling auctions to start at a specific time, even with promotions.

Again, if it says no fee when I do the listing, why would I think I would be charged a fee?

And I'm pretty sure they don't charge you extra to start a listing later when you are actually paying for the listing.

And I'm pretty sure they don't charge you extra to start a listing later when you are actually paying for the listing.

They do.

OK, maybe they don't do it with the free 50 listings they give you every month? Because I do it all the time.

They do.

OK, maybe they don't do it with the free 50 listings they give you every month? Because I do it all the time.

Maybe.

Don't quit your day job.

Seriously, though. Most eBay offers come with specific details about usage.

The devil is in the details. Just be glad you were a bit lazy and didn't start 500 auctions.

Oh, and lose the Free Shipping. It makes the rest of us look bad.

:baiting:

They do.

You must have a special deal, because I don’t have a store and only use the free listings. If I want to schedule an auction, I have to pay.

What are your margins if you are worried about listing fees?

He has every right to be pissed if Ebay is promoting a "no fee" auction listing period and he lists and gets charged fees.

Which has nothing to do with the question I asked.

$30 down the drain is irritating. That's all.

They do.

You must have a special deal, because I don’t have a store and only use the free listings. If I want to schedule an auction, I have to pay.

Even with a store it still charges me:

Schedule to start on($0.10)