• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

F-ING EBAY!!!

42 posts in this topic

Don't quit your day job.

Seriously, though. Most eBay offers come with specific details about usage.

The devil is in the details. Just be glad you were a bit lazy and didn't start 500 auctions.

Oh, and lose the Free Shipping. It makes the rest of us look bad.

:baiting:

Well, it's not really free, it's built into the price. I'm not sure whether it helps or not, but it simplifies things a bit I guess.

But then I have some item for $15 in my store and someone makes a $5 offer...and I have free shipping. After fees, not even considering the cost of the item, I'd clear what, 12 cents?

Turn on auto decline.

If someone made legit offers on other stuff and I was combining shipping i might accept a lowball on an item or two because I won't be out around $4 shipping it, so I don't do that necessarily. The amount isn't so terrible necessarily, it's that I am in the hole almost $4 just to start on a solo buy.

I'm thinking that buying, listing and selling comics may not be your forte.

:roflmao:

People are very mean.

I wasn't being mean. I don't think I've ever posted anything to you with the intent to be mean. I was 100% serious.

People are very mean.

Yep. Just the way it is.

Totally agree with you about eBay. Free is Free. They add exceptions in the fine print hoping you'll miss it in order to scam you for some cash. Who's gonna spend hours reading thru legal stuff to post some $10 comics right? You learn and move on. But they make a killing with all new to selling on eBay.

That sucks and if it stated free than you should not be charged. I normally don't schedule but did one when I returned to ebay earlier this year. I wasn't charged. I just did a fake listing with a scheduled date and still wasn't charged. I would call them and see if they could work something.

Turn on auto decline.

If someone made legit offers on other stuff and I was combining shipping i might accept a lowball on an item or two because I won't be out around $4 shipping it, so I don't do that necessarily. The amount isn't so terrible necessarily, it's that I am in the hole almost $4 just to start on a solo buy.

I've never had this happen personally. If someone lowballs, its on one item and never on one with legit offer on a bunch more.

I don't think it has anything to do with the scheduling on your end. They sent me the same offer too.

What the creeps did, was schedule the offer to begin several hours later, but conveniently added a "click to begin selling" tab.

I put on about a half-dozen things before I noticed they were hitting me for 30 cents an item. Extremely misleading. They are apparently not making enough taking 10 percent of every item sold, and every postage fee paid.

And I agree that it's not the 30 cents an item, it's the baiting of the hook, and waiting for the suckers like me and you to bite. Unreal...

Before you confirm your listing, there is a confirmation of the fees charged, so there's not a whole lot of "I didn't know" defense unfortunately, and they've lawyered up their mouse type fine print to what qualifies and what doesn't for free listings on certain promotions whether it's a traditional auction, fixed price, or within specific categories.

Always look at the fees charged before you click. I've caught fees for "Gallery" ($.30) and other things I didn't want/need, which I corrected to reduce or zero out the fees to be charged.

Bill, check under the image manager for the box being checked as Gallery Plus

opt in. Ebay turned this on , and I am still having to turn it off every time.

Costs you 30 cents every time.

checkmark800.jpg

And I'm pretty sure they don't charge you extra to start a listing later when you are actually paying for the listing.

They do.

OK, maybe they don't do it with the free 50 listings they give you every month? Because I do it all the time.

You must have a special deal, because I don’t have a store and only use the free listings. If I want to schedule an auction, I have to pay.

Even with a store it still charges me:

Schedule to start on($0.10)

As we get irritated over a $0.10 scheduled listing fee, I realized this is a pretty decent rate. When I scheduled some power tools, I got hit with a $0.30 scheduled listing fee. If you're keeping score, power tools are 3x the fee of comics.

If you save a template with Gallery Plus turned off, does it still automatically turn it on?

If you save a template with Gallery Plus turned off, does it still automatically turn it on?

No, saved templates are supposed to remember that kind of setting - and it has for me.

I thought schedule was 10 cents per listing. My cheap butt workaround was to save 60 drafts with the description and upload all completed, then click through the list to start them when it's time, take about 10 seconds each once you get going.

I don't save the items as templates, maybe I should, but I get confused enough with 400 bins going and 500 more ready. When I choose to "list similar" instead of

just relisting, I find the Gallery Plus turns on ON SOME. Not all the time, and not

in any discernable pattern.

Before you confirm your listing, there is a confirmation of the fees charged, so there's not a whole lot of "I didn't know" defense unfortunately, and they've lawyered up their mouse type fine print to what qualifies and what doesn't for free listings on certain promotions whether it's a traditional auction, fixed price, or within specific categories.

Always look at the fees charged before you click. I've caught fees for "Gallery" ($.30) and other things I didn't want/need, which I corrected to reduce or zero out the fees to be charged.

Yes, and I looked in the right corner and it said no fees were being charged. this is why I am annoyed. BELIEVE ME I was looking at each one.

Turn on auto decline.

I've never had this happen personally. If someone lowballs, its on one item and never on one with legit offer on a bunch more.

A few times I've gotten it. Not a lot, true. $5 on an item I have for $15 or whatever isn't as irritating if I didn't have the free shipping in there. And if you've made some $15 offers on $20 items, I may just accept a $5 offer on something else.