• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Limited to Only 100 & CGC's New Case posted by 109

5 posts in this topic

Darkness and Tomb Raider / Witchblade and Tomb Raider / CGC New Case

On my last submission of comics to CGC, I submitted 30 comics with 29 of them Witchblade and 1 Darkness & Tomb Raider crossover. Several of the Witchblade comics were also crossovers with Tomb Raider and Darkchylde. I did good this time with 22 returning at 9.8, 5 at 9.6, 2 at 9.4 and 1 at 9.0. Not sure what happened on that last one.

I submitted a Witchblade and Tomb Raider Dynamic Forces Red Foil Logo and Red Foil Eyes Edition along with a Darkness and Tomb Raider Dynamic Forces Red Foil Logo and Red Foil Eyes Edition. Both of these comics are extremely rare and are limited to only 100 copies. I had purchased them years ago and they came with the Dynamic Forces Certification. Well, I got very lucky and both of them came back at a 9.8 grade. They are both beautiful comics and was really happy. My last few submissions to CGC before this one was not that great and came back with a very low average of 9.8's. I did submit a New Mutants 87 with one of the other orders and it returned with a 9.8 grade, so that was very exciting.

I think CGC's New Case is just awesome. The new case brings the cover picture out and gives more clarity. I like the way the variant information is in the center over the bar code and with the comic information on the back. But, I think one my favorite things is the top of case strip is sealed inside the case, so no more pealing off. I would love to have all my graded comics to have the new case, but that is too much, I would rather use the funds to submit comics. This is just my opinion, I'm sure some people feel different about it. Thanks for reading, 109

17711.JPG

See more journals by 109

Hey 109, nice couple of books. My only beef with the new cases is that the print they uses is to small. Very hard to read, and if you think CGC's is small you should see the font that CBCS is using on their new insert. I had to haul out my mag. glass to read what was there. Good luck on your submitting.

What's up 109, congrats on your recent submission and receiving the majority of your books in CGC 9.8! I think we have all had some unfortunate grades on our very 1st or 2nd submissions; I know for myself I had submitted around 40 books on my very 1st submission and only received 3 9.8s! However, I learned quickly after that experience and studied the entire grading criteria and did much better going forward :-)

I also really enjoy the new CGC cases! Like you, I would like ALL of my books displayed in the new holders. However, like you, I'd rather allocate those funds towards acquiring new books for my collection. Fortunately, I don't have many books, so I will most likely submit 3 books at a time here and there to be reholdered when I get to it.

My only concern is that most of my books are already perfectly centered and displayed in the old CGC holders, that I would be very disappointed if my books returned in the new holders displayed crookedly. If so...I would have to ship them back to CGC until they get it straight. They seem to be a bit more consistent these days, but I have still seen some books recently hit the market in new holders that looked liked they were placed in the holders without any consideration of it's display orientation.

Anyway, good stuff 109! Question, what's the significance of your user name "109?" I recently won a pristine copy of X-Men #109 CGC 9.8 WP in the most recent Pedigree Comics Grand Auction...so that is the book that came to mind when I initially saw your screen name :-)

Have a great weekend!

-Professor Pecora

Hey best2u! Yea I agree the font is still a little small and my eyes are not as good as they used to be. lol! But, the font is better than the original cases had, I used use a magnifying glass to read the bar code numbers, it was killer trying to read them.

Hey Professor Pecora! Yea I have had few that did not seem to be centered, but on some it appears the cover drops down slightly. I'm not if that happens after they are placed in the case or if that how the book was originally.

My screen name 109 is a different story all together and has nothing to do with comics. That's all I have to say. lol!