• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This Auction...

11 posts in this topic

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DC-High-Grade-Bronze-Comic-Collection-Batman-Firestorm-TV-Swamp-Thing-Superman/311733937004?_trksid=p2045573.c100033.m2042&_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D39107%26meid%3De3e4f7eb9c0d4505999f14572a46d634%26pid%3D100033%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D8%26sd%3D122190720442

Somehow less than 800 BA and CA books have a "retail value" of almost $24,000 ($30 each!!!), yet THOSE are the keys they list??? Firestorm #1...SECOND series! Crisis #1? Swamp Thing 1 second series?? OK, sure, they have pictures of a few other decent books, but where on earth are they getting $24,000 from? That's not OPG for these books, not even close. They're basing this on a bunch of the coppers coming back 9.8s after you spend hundreds (thousands) on slabbing fees?

The auction won't meet the reserve and this "Worcester Collection" that was "carefully selected for careful reading" by the OO will end up being sold piecemeal off eBay. My understanding is their auctions function mostly as ads.

except they only seem to list this sort of auction. they used to sell billions of cheap comics and charge a ton on combined shipping, but they stopped years ago.

At least the auction they have that has a "$63.000 retail" has a few decent books visible in the one picture I could get to work.

Do they think they will get an off ebay offer? (Come to think of it, that was the only time i ever bought anything from them on ebay. I bid on a slab that did not meet reserve and they contacted me to sell it to me for what I bid (without paying ebay fees, of course)).

The auction won't meet the reserve and this "Worcester Collection" that was "carefully selected for careful reading" by the OO will end up being sold piecemeal off eBay.

Is there a reserve on this auction because it appears to be an open auction without a reserve or BIN price on it? ???

I'm a little surprised that lot was even at $1.50 a book last time I looked. Sure, I'd probably buy a fair amount of that stuff out of dollar boxes (although, franklyl, it looks like 50 cent box books to me, except those barely exist anymore..), but that's like three long boxes of junk with like 10 good books in there. There is no upside to it. That's worse than the group 1Cool was trying to get opinions on.