• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How Much Would It Cost to Ship 25,000

9 posts in this topic

Cheapest way is to ship via a container, especially if you are moving other items as well. My friend just moved from Australia to Canada and she packed all her stuff up in a container. It took a couple of months to arrive though if I recall.

I just asked her, for her the cost was $8,500 Canadian to ship the container, and about another $2K for insurance. That included all the packing and unpacking at her two locations.

Cost was based upon cubic volume of the container and not the weight.

OOPS! I forgot to convert to NZ$!!! OK, that makes it a bit better.

Nice gig down there is you are an internist here with some experience. Looks like you could make about $150K or more, which is as much or more than many make in the states and I'm guessing you have to deal with a lot more B.S. in the states.

My two cousins lived in New Zealand for a bit. They are Physical Therapists and got work with Peter Jackson. They loved living there and had all sorts of vacation time. They traveled to Australia, Micronesia, Chile, Nepal and Thailand among other places.

They were not able to get permanent work status, however.