• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel Australian Price Variants
7 7

648 posts in this topic

22 minutes ago, Marwood & I said:
1 hour ago, revat said:

Sorry to go off topic, and I asked in the darkhawk thread already, but does anyone know if there are any Australian darkhawk comics?

Not at all @revat, glad of the interest!

Amazing Spider-Man appeared with single AUS prices between Nov 1990 and Nov 1996 - Darkhawk 1-50 exists between those dates so it's a possibility. There used to be a great Australian Comic Shop website that had an Australian Printings Section and that had loads of titles as I recall. Alas, I can't find the site now - it must have gone out of business or something - so there are very few sources of info on these. It's why I posted the ASM details, to help others in the hunt.

A quick check of Ebay Australia shows no copies of Darkhawk with single AUS prices available or sold (you need to look for newsstand copies). That doesn't mean they don't exist, but it doesn't look hopeful. Maybe the title was not considered big enough to warrant printing / shipping over?

Good luck if you decide to keep digging - let us know if it turns anything up (thumbsu

If Avengers West Coast got printed, could there be hope for Darkhawk? hm

awc64.jpg.93e2887447360eaa29d17c2e778736b7.jpg

On ‎6‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 0:14 PM, Marwood & I said:
On ‎6‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 11:33 AM, revat said:

Sorry to go off topic, and I asked in the darkhawk thread already, but does anyone know if there are any Australian darkhawk comics?

Not at all @revat, glad of the interest!

Amazing Spider-Man appeared with single AUS prices between Nov 1990 and Nov 1996 - Darkhawk 1-50 exists between those dates so it's a possibility. There used to be a great Australian Comic Shop website that had an Australian Printings Section and that had loads of titles as I recall. Alas, I can't find the site now - it must have gone out of business or something - so there are very few sources of info on these. It's why I posted the ASM details, to help others in the hunt.

A quick check of Ebay Australia shows no copies of Darkhawk with single AUS prices available or sold (you need to look for newsstand copies). That doesn't mean they don't exist, but it doesn't look hopeful. Maybe the title was not considered big enough to warrant printing / shipping over?

Good luck if you decide to keep digging - let us know if it turns anything up (thumbsu

thanks for the response, i'll keep an eye out and let you guys know if anything pops up.  it definitely falls in the time range.

54 minutes ago, nesqrick2 said:

The silver surfer#44 AUS (First print) price variant

img248.jpg

Cool, a nice early one - the second AUS priced edition of the Surfer if I'm right @nesqrick2:headbang:

7 minutes ago, Marwood & I said:

Excellent! How many have you got? I'm feeling nostalgically envious....

Got some more marvel tales, iron man, and x-force. I will scan them and show them to you. u have shown all the amazing spiderman.:cool:

10 minutes ago, nesqrick2 said:

Got some more marvel tales, iron man, and x-force. I will scan them and show them to you. u have shown all the amazing spiderman.:cool:

Or have I.......

Keep them coming @nesqrick2. These books feel quite under appreciated to me so it's nice to see someone else likes them (thumbsu

26 minutes ago, Marwood & I said:

Or have I.......

Keep them coming @nesqrick2. These books feel quite under appreciated to me so it's nice to see someone else likes them (thumbsu

They are under appreciated like pence copy, but I think people are starting to notes them. A New Mutant #98 CGC 6.5 AUS variant went for $1800.00. http://www.ebay.com/itm/322617180761?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649 :headbang:

Edited by nesqrick2

5 minutes ago, nesqrick2 said:

They are under appreciated like pence copy, but I think people are starting to notes them. A New Mutant #98 CGC 6.5 AUS variant went for $1800.00. http://www.ebay.com/itm/322617180761?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649

Crikey. That's an impressive price. I wish I'd kept my ASM 361 now. 

6 hours ago, THB said:

You should change the thread title to all........ here are my three .....

1 aussie.jpg

Good idea @THB. Nice books - and I like the ASM #1 reprint trying to get a look in at the top of the picture :)

41 minutes ago, THB said:

Heres a look at the two Newtons.......

1newts.jpg

Niiiiice.  Don't slab them @THB, as they may come back with Newton Rings (thumbsu

1 hour ago, nesqrick2 said:

Got some more to show

img250.jpg

Cool. That September 96 X-Men is a late one - one of the last few months before the AUS single priced issues stopped. I found the later copies of ASM really difficult to find. It took me years to build the ASM run. I would imagine it would take forever to try and find every AUS issue for every title. A Herculean task that would be....