• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel Australian Price Variants
7 7

648 posts in this topic

On 8/30/2022 at 1:34 PM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

I slabbed my only Australian price variant (the only one of this issue on the census), but it became a victim of Shaken Comic Syndrome on the way back to me.

IMG_5742.thumb.jpg.f4f7b9617614de22c9dc281e4c9bc788.jpg

That's a shame - far too much room for movement in that holder from the looks of it. It makes you wonder what they think is going to happen, when the book is inevitably manhandled through the postal system. I have a 9.8 ASM just like it - too much room in the inner well, innards moved and it's ruined. 

On 8/30/2022 at 11:03 AM, Get Marwood & I said:

That's a shame - far too much room for movement in that holder from the looks of it. It makes you wonder what they think is going to happen, when the book is inevitably manhandled through the postal system. I have a 9.8 ASM just like it - too much room in the inner well, innards moved and it's ruined. 

This was one of three books in the shipment to be damaged in this way (along with a Silver Surfer #1 1987 Newsstand, and a 9.8 ASM 344), and I just got another shipment back with 2 books affected the same (Thor 459 9.8 and Thunderbolts 1 9.6).

On 8/30/2022 at 4:10 PM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

This was one of three books in the shipment to be damaged in this way (along with a Silver Surfer #1 1987 Newsstand, and a 9.8 ASM 344), and I just got another shipment back with 2 books affected the same (Thor 459 9.8 and Thunderbolts 1 9.6).

Oh dear. I've said this before, a perfect CGC submission and resulting slab is a wonderful thing with many positive attributes to commend it. But when it goes wrong, it's awful. Basically, a grading company, charged with protecting your precious items, irreparably damages them instead. If third party grading companies didn't exist, and someone told you they were planning to put comics in sealed plastic holders with a little wiggle room around the edges, then post them around the world, every alarm bell in your head would start ringing. And yet that is exactly what CGC have done, and people submit to them day in day out. When it works, it's brilliant. When it doesn't - well, you know how that feels, alas. Sorry this happened to you Geeks. 

On 12/9/2022 at 4:32 AM, ramrod44 said:

Recent pick ups:

X-Men_281cgc8.5APV.jpeg

X-Men_282cgc8.5APV.jpeg

Nice.

Not much to report on the AUS front lately. I haven't spotted any new ones for a long time now. Maybe we're getting near the end of the 'what exists' list....?*

*That normally gets a new one to pop up pretty quick :wishluck:

Hi folks, I'm late to the party (as usual) but stumbled across a pile of X-Men 1991/2 comics that I picked up from a second hand bookstore. (Was purely nostalgia because I dimly remembered one of the covers from my childhood.) On closer inspection, they all have AUS pricing on them, and my research to see if I could complete the set has me wondering if I've accidentally grabbed something more special than just memories. 

Numbers are: 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 11, 12, 17, 18, 19, and 21.

Would love any and all input on the attached if anyone's interested in sharing their wisdom!

IMG_3490.jpeg

On 4/22/2023 at 7:00 AM, Steelthunder said:

Hi folks, I'm late to the party (as usual) but stumbled across a pile of X-Men 1991/2 comics that I picked up from a second hand bookstore. (Was purely nostalgia because I dimly remembered one of the covers from my childhood.) On closer inspection, they all have AUS pricing on them, and my research to see if I could complete the set has me wondering if I've accidentally grabbed something more special than just memories. 

Numbers are: 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 11, 12, 17, 18, 19, and 21.

Would love any and all input on the attached if anyone's interested in sharing their wisdom!

IMG_3490.jpeg

Hello Steelthunder - welcome to the thread :)

I wasn't ignoring you - your post wasn't visible when I posted Barbie above (being only your second one, it was likely hidden until CGC Mike got around to approving it).

Here is the current Marvel APV issue summary:

https://boards.cgccomics.com/blogs/entry/4916-marvel-australian-price-variants/

For your X-Men title there, the confirmed issue range is 1a, 1b, 1c, 1d, 2-26, 49-58, making 39 APVs in total:

xm.thumb.PNG.8c995d21b3e677d72b9d3480d18b88b5.PNG

You're a third of the way to the set! :)

On 5/16/2023 at 3:03 AM, Nightwing76 said:

Here is some of mine.  There is likely more on the shelf,  but quickly grabbed binders where I knew I had Australian Priced Variants. 

Have to admit I have read some if this thread, and not all of it, but would you like me to check all my books???

Just to add, I'm Australian and would have picked up quite a few from newsagents on way home from School. 

20230516_174753.thumb.jpg.94507776d7b69787c9647fe3a07ec719.jpg

Post a way! Would be nice to see, and once upon a time in the thread there were some "lists" that if you knock off any of the ones undocumented, that'd be cool.

Either way feel free to post up! :x 

On 5/16/2023 at 10:05 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Post a way! Would be nice to see, and once upon a time in the thread there were some "lists" that if you knock off any of the ones undocumented, that'd be cool.

Either way feel free to post up! :x 

Totally agree! Would be great to see your collection.  Here’s the list that @Get Marwood & I has compiled:

Not bad for no press. @PunisherPunisherPunisher will post when I get back more. Might be a minute, but again will post a pic when I hand too 😜

IMG_20230503_150642921_MP2.thumb.jpg.765444ca65f86d8aca8dca8f5eaffdf8.jpg

Screenshot_20230531-105254.png

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

Sixty thousand Barbie AUS copies in this current eBay lot, and not one of them on the bloody missing list :tonofbricks:

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.081cbb1af029b76bbef1f906e8bf56fd.jpg

Capture.thumb.PNG.b626e2019a43a8d597db49644f2ad175.PNG