• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MORTAL KOMBAT Reboot from New Line (TBD)

172 posts in this topic

For those of you who like your films on physical media, release dates have been announced. For Australia it's July 17th, and we're getting a Steelbook 4k/bluray edition, so that's sweet. 

Cole Young got stood on by a cow and died, and MK2 will star the real MK characters? 

According to Business Insider, Mortal Kombat had the best weekend of any of the Warner Bros. releases on HBO Max with a total of 3.8 million viewers during its first few days. The info comes courtesy of Samba TV, which had records for all of the Warner Bros films released on HBO Max in their first four days of release. Godzilla vs Kong came in second with 3.6 million viewers in its first five days and that film was followed by The Suicide Squad with 2.8 million households viewing the films during its opening weekend. The lowest number went to Judas and the Black Messiah, which pulled in a mere 653,000 households.

Although I enjoy the 1995 film much more, I rewatched the 2021 film last night and I have to say there is so much to appreciate in this film. Especially the groundwork it lays for the sequel. I really hope they honor the spirit of the Johnny Cage character like the first film did.

On 3/4/2023 at 10:37 PM, Bosco685 said:

Although I enjoy the 1995 film much more, I rewatched the 2021 film last night and I have to say there is so much to appreciate in this film. Especially the groundwork it lays for the sequel. I really hope they honor the spirit of the Johnny Cage character like the first film did.

My favourite part of the first film was Kung Lao. I think he was perfectly done. I'm still salty about what happened to him. 

On 3/4/2023 at 7:37 AM, Bosco685 said:

The fight with Goro and Johnny Cage is by far my favorite part of the first film.  I lose it every time after he hits Gorros in the nuts and complains about his hand hurting while climbing.