• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's DEADPOOL 3 starring Ryan Reynolds, Hugh Jackman (2024)
4 4

484 posts in this topic

On 2/13/2021 at 11:39 PM, media_junkie said:

That is funny.  I wonder if Ryan Reynolds is a "normalish" person in real life or if it is all an act and he is a d-bag?

Well, him and one other bought a football team in Britain so he knows what he's doing.

And by football I mean football, not throwball.

While a third Deadpool film has been in the works for a few months, we still know next-to-nothing about how Reynolds' take on the character will return — and a new social media post is here to add fuel to the fire. Reynolds recently took to his Instagram Stories to share a photo of several bags on a coffee table, including one that clearly has the Deadpool mask poking out of it.

Does this mean that Deadpool 3 is further along than fans might think? Or that Reynolds might be returning as the character in another upcoming MCU installment? Or could Reynolds just be trolling fans, as he often does on social media? At this point, there's really no knowing — but that surely won't stop fans from speculating, especially after comments from Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige.

"It will be rated R and we are working on a -script right now, and Ryan’s overseeing a -script right now," Feige shared earlier this year.

"It will not be [filming] this year," Feige added. "Ryan is a very busy, very successful actor. We’ve got a number of things we’ve already announced that we now have to make, but it’s exciting for it to have begun. Again, a very different type of character in the MCU, and Ryan is a force of nature, which is just awesome to see him bring that character to life."

Deadpool_Bags01.jpeg.6b3f68abdc0b553cda6e2a642fe6b297.jpeg

:wishluck:

Reynolds recently appeared on the SmartLess podcast and talked to hosts Jason Bateman, Sean Hayes, and Will Arnett. Naturally, conversation eventually turned to Reynolds' war with Jackman, and Bateman couldn't resist asking how it began. Reynolds' answer (via CinemaBlend) might surprise fans, as he says it all comes down to Jackman's unflinching kindness:

"You know Hugh Jackman is...I really shouldn’t say this, but he... he makes kindness look like murder. I mean he really is just the nicest guy you’d ever meet. And it drives me nuts sometimes... He really is the real deal. I wanna understand that to some degree, so we sometimes hate and lash out at the things we cannot understand. So I tend to hate and lash out at Hugh, and he reciprocates of course because he’s nothing if not a sportsman. And that’s kind of it. But in reality, he’s like my life sherpa. He’s one of the best guys I know."

:roflmao:

While promoting the upcoming release of Free Guy, Reynolds was asked whether fans would first see the character in his next solo outing, or as part of an MCU project. Reynolds said:

“I think both are pretty warranted. I think you’re always gonna zig when everybody’s expecting you to zag when it comes to that character. As long as Disney’s open to doing some pretty wildly divergent or having some wildly divergent uses of Deadpool, then I dig it, man. I think it’s all great."

The Molyneux sisters, Wendy Molyneux, and Lizzie Molyneux-Logelin have been chosen to pen the -script for Deadpool 3. The sisters are best known for their work on Bob’s Burgers and for co-creating the animated series, The Great North. Reynolds will obviously return as the lead, and has shared his hope to continue improving the character with each appearance. Reynolds said:

“Deadpool, for me, is kind of like an anxiety-inducing tightrope walk. I always think when I’ve got Deadpool just right, I’m speaking from experience from Deadpool 1 & 2, that I need to make it 30 to 40% percent better than it already is. Even if I’m at the moment where I’m like, ‘This is perfect, this moment!’ Then, I stop, and I go, ‘Okay, this has to be 30% better than it already is.’

Ryan Reynolds is back in the spotlight as the star of the upcoming video-game sci-fi comedy “Free Guy,” out in theaters on Friday, August 13 from director Shawn Levy. Inevitably as the actor makes press rounds, questions surrounding “Deadpool,” that film’s sequel, and the upcoming, now-in-development “Deadpool 3” have surfaced. And Reynolds, in an interview with SirusXM (via Insider), said that one of the secrets to his success as a writer (he’s a credited one on “Deadpool 2”) is his wife, Blake Lively, even if she doesn’t get recognition.

“She’s helped me so much in ‘Deadpool,’ all kinds of movies that have been big successes,” said Reynolds, who called Lively a “really talented, multihyphenate kind of person.”

He added that his best contributions as a writer to projects often come from Lively. “There’s a lot of A++ writing that I’ve done that was actually Blake; Blake would jump in, grab the keyboard and [say] ‘What about this?’ And I’d be like, ‘That’s incredible,'” Reynolds said.

“She’s helped me so much in ‘Deadpool,’ all kinds of movies that have been big successes,” he added. “She’s always got a lot of bricks in that wall.” As Reynolds explained, “I write on a lot of my movies. It’s been a survival mechanism for me for a long time. Sometimes I’m credited, sometimes I’m not.”

Reynolds added that he often tells directors and producers about Lively’s work on the scripts, but the credit ends up going to him. “Maybe it’s cause there’s inherent sexism in the business,” Reynolds said. “I will say that a lot of times, ‘She wrote that, Blake wrote that not me. That was her.’ And it’s like, they still, later on, repeat the story as ‘I wrote it.'”

On 8/9/2021 at 3:27 PM, Bosco685 said:

Let me gets this straight: Ryan himself presents writing to the studio, verbally credits his wife, and expects them to credit her? And that's "sexism"? I like Reynolds a lot as a person, but that takes some mental gymnastics. They didn't employ her. Why would they credit someone who isn't on the project?