• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Frank Herbert's DUNE from Legendary Pictures (TBD)
6 6

797 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, RedRaven said:

I lack faith this will ever see the light of day,

Have faith.

Ever watch the SYFY Channel movies? If they can apply a bigger budget to what they did on those movies, this should be very interesting.

With Legendary Entertainment behind this new Dune picture it should be good. They have a track record with helping in making Godzilla, Jurassic World, Straight Outta Compton, and the upcoming Pokémon: Detective Pikachu.

At the least it will have improved special effects over the over 35 year old 1980s Dune movie.

So get your Marvel Dune comics now before the bump.

lol.

image.jpeg.4710b4f43e03dfec8cf922fb24533ada.jpeg

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

I heard Momoa was going to be Duncan. 

Not sure about the casting on this one, but his name should draw in some casual fans. 

I can't wait for the movie though...I pray it does the book justice. I still think an HBO Game of Throne's style mini-series treatment would be the best way to tell the story, but what do I know? 

The -script is going to be crucial. 

...and I always wanted clean copies of those Dune comics...watch them explode in price. :(

On 3/10/2018 at 12:41 PM, Bosco685 said:

Ever watch the SYFY Channel movies?

Yes. They were terrible, bordering on unwatchable. 

Strangely enough, I vastly prefer Lynch. 

18 minutes ago, newshane said:

Yes. They were terrible, bordering on unwatchable. 

Strangely enough, I vastly prefer Lynch. 

Agreed. The Lynch movie was better. The problem why the Lynch movie was perceived bad back then was because it`s poor box office. People were trying to compare it to the Star Wars box office.

This one should do much better at the box office that the 1980s Dune version did.

I think I am going to re-read Frank Herbert`s Dune over the summer to get reacquainted again.

Image result for frank herbert dune

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

I am a HUGE fan of some of the casting! I knew that Rebecca would play Jessica when I saw her pic! Beautiful...just like Jessica should be. Fantastic choice for Chani as well! And Stilgar!!!!!! Gurney? Well done!!!!

WOW....okay, I am super pumped now! 

Just now, bane said:

I was guessing Brolin might be Duke Leto. But good picks!

That was my guess as well. Not my first choice for Gurney but one I can live with easily.