• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Frank Herbert's DUNE from Legendary Pictures (TBD)
6 6

797 posts in this topic

33 minutes ago, bane said:

Toto is awesome, I listen to the soundtrack at least once a week at work.

I have it on vinyl. How's that for nerd cred? lol 

I think it's beautiful and classic, but a lot of people roll their eyes when I bring up Toto. 

Why? (shrug)

54 minutes ago, newshane said:

I have it on vinyl. How's that for nerd cred? lol 

I think it's beautiful and classic, but a lot of people roll their eyes when I bring up Toto. 

Why? (shrug)

I recently passed on a Dune first edition, too rich for my blood!

Edited by bane

I have the Analog magazine where Dune first appeared in serial. It predates the novel. I don't have a scan handy right now, but maybe I'll whip one up later. 

17 minutes ago, newshane said:

I have the Analog magazine where Dune first appeared in serial. It predates the novel. I don't have a scan handy right now, but maybe I'll whip one up later. 

I’m planning on getting the 2 moons original movie poster for the wall in the front room.

1 hour ago, WeR138 said:

Feyd? :taptaptap:

Gotta be a young, athletic guy with blone/red hair - the Harkonnen family trait. 

Maybe Alexander Ludwig? Not a big fan, but he's close to the look. He may be getting a little old for the role now though. I've never thought about who I'd cast as Feyd. hm

6 hours ago, bane said:
11 hours ago, newshane said:

Yes. They were terrible, bordering on unwatchable. 

Strangely enough, I vastly prefer Lynch. 

Harsh, I really enjoyed them, they have aged but what hasn’t. Fantastic soundtrack. 

I liked them as well. But wow, there are some pretty outrageous costumes and some pretty obvious sets and yet I still think it well acted and scripted. It's almost like watching a play.

17 minutes ago, Mr Sneeze said:

I liked them as well. But wow, there are some pretty outrageous costumes and some pretty obvious sets and yet I still think it well acted and scripted. It's almost like watching a play.

The costumes were one of the worst parts by far...along with the casting, At least the worms looked cool. 

Okay, so here is my mag. It's one of the only things I bought when I visited Mile High Comics on my honeymoon...

and no, that's not all I did on our honeymoon. lol 

Anyway, like I said, predates the release of the novel. The world's first look at Dune. 

Analog December 1963.jpg

19 hours ago, newshane said:

Okay, so here is my mag. It's one of the only things I bought when I visited Mile High Comics on my honeymoon...

and no, that's not all I did on our honeymoon. lol 

Anyway, like I said, predates the release of the novel. The world's first look at Dune. 

Analog December 1963.jpg

Excellent.