• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Frank Herbert's DUNE from Legendary Pictures (TBD)
6 6

797 posts in this topic

I saw it with @newshaneand loved it. Within the first 15 minutes, I was mesmerized. The movie's take on psychedelic cinematography left me feeling askew, like I'd taken some unknown drug, not too much, but enough to know it was very powerful, quite scary, and not something I wanted more of. That said, I'd go back and see it again, if not for that one red pixel on the screen that displayed throughout the entire film. I wish I'd seen it in a theater with a better sound system. That was some witchy sound design, too.

On 11/22/2021 at 2:52 PM, D84 said:

Woo hoo!

Denis Villeneuve's Dune Dated and Detailed for 4K UltraHD & Blu-ray January 11th | High-Def Digest

https://www.highdefdigest.com/news/show/denis-villeneuves-dune-dated-and-detailed-for-4k-ultrahd-bluray-january-11th/46350

Steelbook preorders already sold out on Best Buy.  :censored: scalpers. 

On 11/23/2021 at 6:22 AM, D84 said:

I'm happy with the regular 4k, but I get the frustration. 

Yeah, I usually I don’t go for the steelbook thing unless they’re nice looking like this one. 

I got the new 4K Hitchcocks in steelbook because they have the original poster artwork which looks way more interesting to me than the standard packaging.  I got a couple of the 4K Universal Monster movies in steelbook.  The steelbook art was kind of blah but I liked the packaging better than the cardboard sleeves on the complete set. 

update:  looks like Best Buy got some more Dune steelbooks to allocate for preorders so I got my order in. :banana:

But I still say :censored: scalpers. 

On 11/21/2021 at 10:44 AM, DavidTheDavid said:

I saw it with @newshaneand loved it. Within the first 15 minutes, I was mesmerized. The movie's take on psychedelic cinematography left me feeling askew, like I'd taken some unknown drug, not too much, but enough to know it was very powerful, quite scary, and not something I wanted more of. That said, I'd go back and see it again, if not for that one red pixel on the screen that displayed throughout the entire film. I wish I'd seen it in a theater with a better sound system. That was some witchy sound design, too.

I highly recommend a theater viewing. The music and sound integrates so well with the visuals it is an amazing experience.

On 11/26/2021 at 12:47 AM, Muno42 said:

Jessica reciting the litany while Paul is with the Reverend Mother is not in the book. I believe that is what the comment is referring to.

Yes that is what I meant, it is Paul recalling the Litany against Fear that his mother taught him in the book just before the Reverend Mother begins the test.

And I still can't understand what Jessica is saying in the film despite it quoting from the book. :P

Edited by Artboy99