• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Frank Herbert's DUNE from Legendary Pictures (TBD)
6 6

797 posts in this topic

Late to the party on this movie as I have avoided all talk or previews.

All I can say is wow! As a Dune fan, as a fan of the 'cinema', wow. I wish I knew what it could be like to see a movie like this without being at all familiar with the source material. Great film that found it's own voice - no easy task. Can't wait for part 2.

On 11/27/2021 at 12:45 AM, Muno42 said:

I was wondering if it was a choice or the dialog in general was just too low in the first part of the film.

I didn’t see Dune in theaters. Watched on HBOMAX with headphones and the dialog was clear as a bell. Not that complaints from theater goers are not valid. 

On 11/10/2021 at 2:31 AM, Artboy99 said:

I have seen this film 3 times now and not since the Lord of the Rings has a movie made me feel the need to see it again. Saw it at a theatre this time as I really wanted to see the amazing visuals on the big screen but more I wanted to feel the wondrous sounds. Things like the dragonfly ships flying to the thunderous music, then a few drum beats are added and then it merges seamlessly to the sounds of the wings. Just amazing use of sound/music. Perhaps it is a nod to the use of sound ala the weirding way? :) 

Best movie I have seen in years.

Same here for me! Had to go right back and watch it again. Definitely going to try to see this in Imax if I can

On 12/8/2021 at 11:37 AM, Mr Sneeze said:

Ended up seeing this Monday night in Imax. Pretty busy as well. 

This is a beautiful, beautiful movie, on so many levels. The soundtrack is really starting to penetrate my memory. Something to be experienced.

I purchased the soundtrack. It is wonderful to listen to, and what I thought was the ornithopter wings is actually drums!