• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman and Me Personalized comic from 1994 - Rainblo Mail Away?
1 1

32 posts in this topic

Just picked this interesting book up in a big lot and can't find much as far as what value might be or total print run. It's personalized obviously, but I just don't see many out there today. The recipient's name is printed throughout the book as part of the story. I know it's fairly scarce, so any solid info is appreciated!

20161126_213402_zpsaazlaxqz.jpg

20161126_213440_zpsjhpehnhv.jpg

I never seen this one, but serial number 12644 is a clue that it's not exactly scarce.

Or am I missing something?

That is weird - but this appears to be a custom comic book that was aimed at parents who wanted to get that one of a kind gift for their child. - With William Goodwin being the child in this instance.

Yeah, I just found an ad that promoted the offer. You had to send $6.99 and two wrappers along with your name, birthday, and hometown. I doubt a ton of parents went for a $7 new comic book.

I used the word "scarce" as I don't see any currently or previously for sale on any site, and not even much info out there to go off of. Substitute another term if you prefer and please let me know if you see another one to compare.

Edited by Rhymenoceros

Yeah, I just found an ad that promoted the offer. You had to send $6.99 and two wrappers along with your name, birthday, and hometown. I doubt a ton of parents went for a $7 new comic book.

I used the word "scarce" as I don't see any currently or previously for sale on any site, and not even much info out there to go off of. Substitute another term if you prefer and please let me know if you see another one to compare.

as the previous commenter said, I would also like to see the front cover.

Could you also show us a picture of the ad you found?

Thanks!

Hey guys - just got home from the final family Thanksgiving gathering!

Here's a link to the ad page I found:

http://www.vintagepaperads.com/1994-Rain-Blo-Bubble-Gum-Ad--Batman-Robin_p_30651.html

And here are a couple quick photos of the front and back. Sorry for the poor quality but they should be readable. I blurred out the address on the front in case it's still a valid address (probably not). I'm guessing the comic must have been put into a window envelope for mailing.

20161127_173743_zps925uumv1.jpg

20161126_213509_zpsgaxcyluk.jpg

I decided to put this up on "the bay" at $.99 starting bid and just see what happens. No reference point as to what I should ask anyway.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/152397458402?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Attn Mods - if this needs to be moved etc., that's fine. I didn't think it needed another thread created about it.

I would work on the title a little. don't really get the sense that maybe it's a unique item from that. I'd compare it to that crazy superman book, although, of course, it's not the same because the kid isn't in the art, they just pop the name in there in a few places, which is why it isn't a $500 item, but it's a lot better than a 99 cent item...particularly if you happen to have that name!

Edited by the blob

Can't wait till someone pumps this into a 9K book :P

By the way, are Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy in the book along with Catwoman?

I suspect, given that it cost like $10 to get this done, that there are hundreds, if not thousands, of these out there, probably trashed because they were given to kids, etc.

On the other hand, it might have been such a bust of an idea that they sold very few. but at that price i would think a few people would have gotten one.

"william goodwin" is probably unique, of course, but there are no doubt many of the same book with different names