• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

X-men 100 Grade it!

17 posts in this topic

Ok, folks. I disagree with the grade that was given on this book. I bought this book via Ebay from a fellow forum member. And dog-gone-it I think the SOB grin.gif under-graded it. Tell me what you think. This is a large scan so please be gentle. If it becomes unavailable, if anyone could host it for me, I would much appreciate!

I will tell you what he graded it at once I get a good number of guesses. Thanks.

http://prophet780.tripod.com/x-men_100.jpg

-Jeremy-

P.S. I will admitt even though this is a big honkin scan, it is still rather difficult to pick up the stresses in the spine.

Thanks for the kind words, Jeremy. I can gladly recommend Prophet78 100% to the other members of the board. Quick payment, hassle free, great guy. smile.gif

Dan

This goes to show that Bronty is a very fair and a very good business man!

Those are the ones that aquire longevity and respect...of which all the luck to the former for Bronty while he has already aquired the latter... wink.gif

Thanks, Rick. For those of you who have not dealt with him, there isn't a classier guy on the forum.

What a love-in! This is going to start counterbalancing the "my d![!@#%^&^] is bigger than yours" thread soon! shocked.gifblush.giflaugh.gif

I would guess a F/VF 7.0, with a slight miscut that is more evident from the rear cover. Of major concern is the transverse spine wear that slightly breaks colours, some creasing that breaks colour on the bottom edge of the front cover, what appears to be a crease that doesn't break colour at the lower right corner, and the dust shadowing on the rear cover.

I have seen slabbed candidates pull a VF-7.5, but this looks more likely to be a F/VF 7.0.

Nice book smile.gif

Love that X-Men 100 cover!

About 4 color breaking points of spine stress, and 3 or so lesser stress points. White line headed from the Colussus's heel to the bottom of the book, whether it be a crease (probably?) or just a printing mark. A little "soiling on near the spine on the back cover. Slight blunting of the top bindary corner. And the TRC looks like it's got a little overflash which has been bent back.

Brian

Next question, I know this isn't HG, but is it worth slabbing? NM pulls 100 - 120 but is this book worth it?

Anything under X-Men 108 in VF- grade is worth slabbing for a flip, but the key is paying lower than VF- money to justify the grading and shipping fees.