• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The thread we've all been waiting for - post your Boris and Julie pieces
1 1

133 posts in this topic

I have to admit, I'm of two minds. On one hand, this might just be the finest painting I've ever seen of a winged centaur (or is it a pegasuman? a wereasus?) and it's executed with such confidence and joy that I have to kind of love it.

On the other, you might want to stick it a little deeper than just the foyer.

I have to admit, I'm of two minds. On one hand, this might just be the finest painting I've ever seen of a winged centaur (or is it a pegasuman? a wereasus?) and it's executed with such confidence and joy that I have to kind of love it.

Bend over and I'll show!

Two paintings I picked up many years ago - The Spring Garden is Julies favorite Boris painting

http://vallejo.ural.net/1981/show.php?016

http://vallejo.ural.net/1983/show.php?010

Very nice Richard

Uhh, I don't think this is Richard, at least not Richard Evans of Bedrock City Comics (MrBedrock) in Houston (I was thrown off at first myself by this post, because if Frazetta and Boris are Coke and Pepsi, then Richard is Coke:

IMG_8603_zpsubsfgcpk.jpg

Uhh, I don't think this is Richard, at least not Richard Evans of Bedrock City Comics (MrBedrock) in Houston (I was thrown off at first myself by this post, because if Frazetta and Boris are Coke and Pepsi, then Richard is Coke:

Even if you prefer Coke, sometimes you just feel like having a Pepsi to change it up a bit. :D

Or, to put it another way, just look at Hugh Grant - even though Elizabeth Hurley was his girlfriend, he just needed to get some Divine Brown out of his system as well. :whatthe:

thats-what-she-said.jpg

Even if you prefer Coke, sometimes you just feel like having a Pepsi to change it up a bit. :D

Or, to put it another way, just look at Hugh Grant - even though Elizabeth Hurley was his girlfriend, he just needed to get some Divine Brown out of his system as well. :whatthe:

So THAT'S what they mean by taking the Pepsi Challenge... hm

A few years ago, and friend and I picked up a decent sized art collection. We both kept a few pieces for our personal collections. My friend ended up keeping two fantastic pencil renderings by Boris & Julie. The original owner of the collection had commissioned the two of them to do the pieces together,

(Posted with permission)

julie1_zpsaigvm0ko.jpg

Boris1_zpstlffyakq.jpg

So THAT'S what they mean by taking the Pepsi Challenge... hm

lol

Nice pencils Chris :)

A few years ago, and friend and I picked up a decent sized art collection. We both kept a few pieces for our personal collections. My friend ended up keeping two fantastic pencil renderings by Boris & Julie. The original owner of the collection had commissioned the two of them to do the pieces together,

(Posted with permission)

julie1_zpsaigvm0ko.jpg

Boris1_zpstlffyakq.jpg

Those are not bad, actually. Boris and Julie are technically very good artists, and working in pencil seems to stop her from going over the top.

Long before Call of Duty there was Doom and before Doom there was.....

Wolfenstein 3D the grandfather of them all.

--edit--

Pic removed because Bronty's picture is so much better than mine.

Edited by buyatari

(Posted with permission)

julie1_zpsavm0ko.jpg

Boris1_zpstlffkq.jpg

Those are not bad, actually. Boris and Julie are technically very good artists, and working in pencil seems to stop her from going over the top.

Not over the top... right... female warrior in chain mail BIKINI about to slay a dragon while riding it. Riiight ;) Happens every day! Of course its effing over the top, way over the top!!! To me it would seem you just have an easier time suspending disbelief when it looks like the material you are used to.

Anyways, you paid a compliment and enjoyed a post on this thread? I can't have that. I present to you... Demon's Crest. The subject matter (the game for which this served as the illustration) is a real classic, and I don't know about you, but I can't enough of winged demons in a thong :cloud9:

demons%20crest.jpg