• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC et al To Aggressively Defend Against Lawsuit Filed In Pennsylvania
11 11

584 posts in this topic

I also cannot help but frame this entire scenario and the alleged claims to the backdrop of an issue that arose a little over a month ago when a guy who was submitting his pressed comics to CGC received a similar snubbing and treatment by Paul Litch - particularly, the "We'll gladly take your money. But you won't like the results" comment. That stuation became a rather unfortunate public spectacle that left me feeling underwhelmed by CGC's communication and manner of handling. I felt at the time it was very unprofessional, and regardless of whether these claims by the Meyers are deemed baseless or not, it's a troubling fact pattern that should be looked at as being more than CGC/CCS jockeying for position in a crowded services space. There's a very fine line between healthy competition and a coordinated smear campaign, and while the claimants may have their work cut out for them, CGC's online persona and conduct hasn't been helping the optics of the situation.

+1

Amazing coincidence as this was also one of the first things that popped into my mind as I started to read this thread here the other day. (thumbs u

I realize these observations may not appear as astute in comparison to comments helping the defendents case, and of course it's really tiring to see the feeble minded take every opportunity to bash members who have an opinion expecting from a company operating in an unregulated industry to behave and conduct itself in a more professional manner. That said, I'm glad to read someone else appreciates the comment and sees the parallels in forum meta-discussion. (thumbs u

Speaking of deliberate, real shocker the Pete C vs CGC thread went poof. Still accessible through Google cache for posterity, and those still needing an example speaking to the claims over control, substance and message.

So, that explains why I couldn't find this thread in question when I went looking for it earlier this morning. (tsk)

Certainly could be presented as evidence for an argument against CGC since it could be seen as supporting one of the claims being made by the plaintiffs in this action here. doh!

Again for those who can't understand the English language well, and who prefer to pluck out quotes out of their proper context in an attempt to bash members, my point about windsocks, and directional messaging was specific to this incident. It isn't a coincidence that the thread was deleted.

A puppet might not be bright enough to see this as a discussion control tactic, and the purging of data as a way to direct and steer the message about these claims being baseless, but I'm glad to see some are perceptive enough to see it for what it is. (thumbs u

I keep waiting for the day when CGC exercises actual control over these boards and scrubs all of comicwiz's posts.

I keep waiting for the day when CGC exercises actual control over these boards and scrubs all of comicwiz's posts.

They were by last night to wash my armpits and private parts. :blush:

Ewwwwwww!

J/k Merry Christmas Mike.

Someone's got to do it.

Same your way Lawrence - hope it is warm enough up there. We had 11 as an overnight low and 15 as the high. Had a good walk with my daughter and the three dogs today through all the powdery snow!

They just can't be paying those poor Mods enough... lol

:taptaptap:

:taptaptap:

They need to do a better job. I can smell you all the way over here

Best....posts...ever.... (worship)

As a legal lay person what I want to know is it possible that anyone gets the chair for this?

Yes...but it's this kind of chair.

895165p.jpg

Sounds like a lot of conclusory speculation out of the plaintiffs. I don't know if the PA courts are good at tossing things on sj. Any reason you're not removing to federal court?

Edited by the blob