• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does Comic link answer your emails?

55 posts in this topic

Maybe it's just you Stuart?

Seriously, they did answer my last EMAIL a while back when they sent me the wrong copy of a book. However, since it was owned by the same consignor and the grade was the same and the PQ was better, I just kept it.

However, even farther back, I had to call them after many weeks of not receiving a book. It was only then that I learned that the seller packaged it improperly and the CGC case got damaged so badly that it had to be reholdered.

You can call and harass them if you want.

It boggles the mind. I am in a business(lending money) that interacts with people every day. Some people stand on the line, or do data entry, etc.. and they do not have to speak or respond to questions at all. I answer my emails and phone calls immediatly. That's rule # 1.

If I avoided questions like they do I would be fired, plain and simple. I guess working for your self has it's advantages, you can't really "fire" yourself for poor customer service. Or can you?

It boggles the mind. I am in a business(lending money) that interacts with people every day. Some people stand on the line, or do data entry, etc.. and they do not have to speak or respond to questions at all. I answer my emails and phone calls immediatly. That's rule # 1.

It's totally bizarre that they simply choose to ignore emails from potential customers. I'm sure many of the emails are asking more details about a particular book, but since Josh doesn't physically have possession of the books, he doesn't have an answer anyway. There's really no excuse for not showing common courtesy, especially in what is basically a "service" industry!! foreheadslap.gif

Was planning my first Comiclink purchase a few months ago (GA book), pending the answer to one simple question... emailed Comiclink that question, never got a reply... checked back a week later, and the book had sold for LESS than I was intending to pay, i.e. the buyer had taken a lower offer while I was waiting in vain to hear back. Shrug.

I ask questions, I get no answers? Why is that? Am I the only one who is on the "no reply" list?

I tried to consign a book to them a while back (2001 or 2002, I think). I say "tried", because I sent Josh an e-mail saying that I wanted to list my book (an ASM #122 CGC 9.4 oww) at a certain price. A couple days later, the book shows up on ComicLink. Now, I assumed it was mine, given the timing and because it was both a 9.4 and oww pager and it was in the range of prices that I had suggested as a starting point. Fast forward a bit (somewhere between a few weeks and a couple of months) and the book still hasn't garnered any interest. So, I send Josh an e-mail saying that I want to lower the price on the book. No response whatsoever. I may have sent another e-mail after that as well, but finally I sent an e-mail telling Josh that I want the book taken off his site and that I am going to list the book on eBay (which I did, where it was scooped up by Blazing Bob).

Now, even after the book had sold on eBay, the book was still listed on ComicLink! Which got me to wondering - was it even my book that was listed? Given that I didn't get a single e-mail response from ComicLink during the entire process, I couldn't even be sure of that. Maybe it was one of Josh's books or another consignor's and my (competing) book was kept out of the market during this time altogether. My point is: who knows what the deal was when I couldn't get a single response???

I sincerely hope that the customer service has improved since then. But, it sounds like they still have a long ways to go.

I'm confused...(what's new)...but couldn't you compare cert #'s and don't you have full control over listing/pricing/deleting a book that you put on Clink???...

There were no scans or cert #s listed. And, remember, this was sometime in 2001 or 2002, I believe (maybe 2003) - way before the site revamp.

Stuart -

I just saw this post now. I sent an email back to you the day after receiving your email, to which you responded. Negative feedback the day of inquiry is ridiculous. It would be nice if people on these boards would do one of two things:

1) Contact me directly by phone if there is an issue and a response has not been given via email in the time frame expected. We are a full-time business here at ComicLink and will answer the phone every weekday for over 8 hours per day!

In contrast, I only have the time to view the CGC message boards once in awhile.

I pretty much consider negative posts to be a reflection upon the individual's goal - is your purpose really to get an answer to your question? If you post a negative experience to the forums, my view changes to viewing it as taking a shot at the business.

2) Post something positive for a change! The majority of posts are from critics. How 'bout a little love guys? Of course, after this plea, now I expect more criticism. But seriously, how about some positive posts?

Josh Nathanson

www.comiclink.com

But seriously, how about some positive posts?

In the pre-CGC days I bought my FF 1 in VG from Comiclink, still the most expensive comic I've ever purchased. Upon receipt, I was impressed by the cover color quality and gloss...maybe too impressed!?!? So, I called Josh and asked him to send me a letter of documentation that in his opinion the book was unrestored (the book was advertised as unrestored, but I felt documentation of some kind was appropriate - CGC makes such documentation a moot point these days but that's for another thread), and he did so promptly.

Last year I sent that book to CGC and it came back in a blue label - 4.5!! cloud9.gif

In the pre-CGC days I bought my FF 1 in VG from Comiclink, still the most expensive comic I've ever purchased. Upon receipt, I was impressed by the cover color quality and gloss...maybe too impressed!?!? So, I called Josh and asked him to send me a letter of documentation that in his opinion the book was unrestored (the book was advertised as unrestored, but I felt documentation of some kind was appropriate - CGC makes such documentation a moot point these days but that's for another thread), and he did so promptly.

Last year I sent that book to CGC and it came back in a blue label - 4.5!! cloud9.gif

Thank you, Dr. Banner! Any other POSITIVE feedback will be appreciated and recognized by other forum members.

Josh Nathanson

www.comiclink.com

Score!