• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does Comic link answer your emails?

55 posts in this topic

I ask questions, I get no answers? Why is that? Am I the only one who is on the "no reply" list?

No, never, which is why I don't do business there, and frankly, I don't have much respect for the way Josh runs his business. confused-smiley-013.gif

It's a friggin' e-mail fergawdsake, reply sumo.gif

To be honest:

Emails not always answered. Usually it meant problem was/would be resolved without further communication.

Phone calls always answered or returned. Any problems resolved quickly, efficiently by Thomas.

Not perfect service, but pretty damn good.

I ask questions, I get no answers? Why is that? Am I the only one who is on the "no reply" list?

No, never, which is why I don't do business there, and frankly, I don't have much respect for the way Josh runs his business. confused-smiley-013.gif

How many emails were not responded to, and when were they sent? You are not a registered user in our database so presumably this was a very long time ago.

Actually, although I have railed against Comiclink in the past, they have generally responded to emails, and my last two transactions with them were completely smooth sailing. I still have a lot of questions about certain practices they engage in, but for the most part, I have to admit, the more time you spend using Comiclink's services, the more dependable they seem.

How many emails were not responded to, and when were they sent? You are not a registered user in our database so presumably this was a very long time ago.

My god! A response. Yes, it was awhile ago - probably June thru Sept 2002 - I would guess 5 separate e-mails and/or submissions - all without response or acknowledgement. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

My god! A response. Yes, it was awhile ago - probably June thru Sept 2002 - I would guess 5 separate e-mails and/or submissions - all without response or acknowledgement. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

It would NEVER be the case that we receive and do not respond to 5 emails. It is possible that we may miss an email from time to time as we have had the same email address for 10 years and so much SPAM gets through. The most likely emails to be missed are ones with no subject header because they are sometimes mistaken for viruses or spam. In any case, I have been taking precautions to make sure that all emails get recognized and responded to, and Tomis is good about responding to emails as well. If you have general, order or shipping inquiries, the best email to send them to currently is terb@comiclink.com - if you have sales or purchase inquiries, they can be sent to Tomis or myself at buysell@comiclink.com

And, you can always call us for an immediate response!

It is possible that we may miss an email from time to time as we have had the same email address for 10 years and so much SPAM gets through.

I use this and love it. http://cloudmark.com/

It effectively eliminates 99% of spam. In just less then 18 months I've been using it it's filtered ovr 8,000 spam. It'll be the best $30 something you spend every year.

It is possible that we may miss an email from time to time as we have had the same email address for 10 years and so much SPAM gets through.

I use this and love it. http://cloudmark.com/

It effectively eliminates 99% of spam. In just less then 18 months I've been using it it's filtered ovr 8,000 spam. It'll be the best $30 something you spend every year.

Thanks! I'll check it out asap!

Josh Nathanson

www.comiclink.com

Thank you, Dr. Banner! Any other POSITIVE feedback will be appreciated and recognized by other forum members.

I disliked the fact that you place CL stickers on your CGC books, but a simple call fixed it on successive orders! thumbsup2.gif

Josh, where's my check? poke2.gif

I disliked the fact that you place CL stickers on your CGC books, but a simple call fixed it on successive orders! thumbsup2.gif

Ditto with the stickers that mar the appearance of the book in the slab.

With that said, CL has been a reliable source of books for me for a long time. thumbsup2.gif

It would NEVER be the case that we receive and do not respond to 5 emails. It is possible that we may miss an email from time to time as we have had the same email address for 10 years and so much SPAM gets through. The most likely emails to be missed are ones with no subject header because they are sometimes mistaken for viruses or spam. In any case, I have been taking precautions to make sure that all emails get recognized and responded to, and Tomis is good about responding to emails as well. If you have general, order or shipping inquiries, the best email to send them to currently is terb@comiclink.com - if you have sales or purchase inquiries, they can be sent to Tomis or myself at buysell@comiclink.com

And, you can always call us for an immediate response!

893blahblah.gif You callin' me a liar pardner? (insert western shootout emoticon here) 27_laughing.gifstooges.gif

No, seriously thanks for the update, perhaps I'll try listing a book with you again. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Stuart -

I just saw this post now. I sent an email back to you the day after receiving your email, to which you responded. Negative feedback the day of inquiry is ridiculous. It would be nice if people on these boards would do one of two things:

1) Contact me directly by phone if there is an issue and a response has not been given via email in the time frame expected. We are a full-time business here at ComicLink and will answer the phone every weekday for over 8 hours per day!

In contrast, I only have the time to view the CGC message boards once in awhile.

I pretty much consider negative posts to be a reflection upon the individual's goal - is your purpose really to get an answer to your question? If you post a negative experience to the forums, my view changes to viewing it as taking a shot at the business.

2) Post something positive for a change! The majority of posts are from critics. How 'bout a little love guys? Of course, after this plea, now I expect more criticism. But seriously, how about some positive posts?

Josh Nathanson

www.comiclink.com

Josh,

You responded to my second email. I did not "slam" you in any way, the point of my post was to make you aware that others have had similar issues. You own the company, you owe it to the customers to reply in a timely manner. I should not have to email and then call to check if you received it. I know they are making it to you. They seem to slip through the cracks.

I like you and like your comapny. I dislike the way you respond to email questions. No shots taken here, just honest opinion.

Sorry if I upset you.

Hey Guys.

I have Purchased 4 books from ComicLink in the past.

As I live in Australia the cost of airmail postage can add a fair cost to the book price. Josh has been really good to me in the past.

He has held a book or two over 4-6 weeks to allow me to bid on a few other comics before combining the shipping to get me a better deal.

I have had pleasant phone conversations with him and he is pretty quick with the Aussie jokes. stooges.gif

I can honestly say that from an international buyers viewpoint, things have gone really well. thumbsup2.gif

One thing that I would like to see happen is for ComicLink to start reporting sale prices through to GPAnalysis. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Regards,

Aussie russ.

Russell Lawson

Can I jump on the ComicLink bandwagon...

I have bought dozens of books off of Clink and all but one transaction went smoothly. The one that did not go smoothly was solved in a timely and agreeable manner.

My only dislike with the CLink is those darn stickers, they have got to go!

One thing that I would like to see happen is for ComicLink to start reporting sale prices through to GPAnalysis.

I thought they did already 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Maybe only some ComicLink prices are recorded on GPAnalysis. I know that none of the books purchased by me have records listed on GPAnalysis.

I think that Each company other than E-Bay that reports to GPA needs to receive a template from GPA so that the sales figures push directly into GPA's system on a monthly basis.

In that case I would think that it would be all sales or none. confused-smiley-013.gif

Does anyone have a purchase from ComicLink that is recorded on GPA???

Regards

Aussie Russ...

I've bought and sold on CL and have had ZERO Problems. Just got a TOS #65 CGC 9.4 a few weeks ago. 893applaud-thumb.gif

I do know that I have emailed, asking for scans of certain books (that didn't show a picture), and never got a response. Basically, I assumed that they didn't have scan, so it's not that big of a deal.

I do like getting an email showing that the book is being shipped. thumbsup2.gif