• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2017 CGC Registry Awards - the countdown begins!
1 1

64 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, FlyingDonut said:

How do I make a "custom" set? 

Go to the Control Panel in the Registry, click the Custom Sets tab, then the Add a Custom Set button at the bottom.

Hit the Custom Set tab in your Registry's Control Panel area, then click Add A Custom Set:

1.thumb.png.da3149e5a8cf0491ae343a4bf3685af0.png

From there you can choose a category from the menu, give it a name and all that jazz.
2.thumb.png.b34d0ec8c41d82606a67433e6c010f36.png

Fill in your avatar and such.  Then, to add your books into the set, click the Add New button.

3.thumb.png.01a2165ce7832eae05ca04084229fc3a.png

Click 'Want' From the Status field, then search for your book.  If it's been submitted for grading at least once, it will pop up. If it doesn't appear here, then no one's ever subbed that book for grading before and you can't add it.

4.thumb.png.f8aa87bf1395f278412fbf462100e32a.png

If you own the book you wan to add, click the Add From Inventory button and filter to find it.   HTH buddy!

Jerome

On ‎6‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 2:17 PM, Lethal_Collector said:

It's not the paper that matters, it's what the paper represents. (thumbsu 

Jerome

...and you can get the creator to sign them for further acknowledgement. :whee: 

593877021af81_2009RegistryAward(Large).thumb.jpg.00a3679176ec4db8a43e319c7e1f767d.jpg

59387754ea829_2010RegistryAward(Large).thumb.jpg.1c894309c151f126232e4cacc2b4be73.jpg

Good luck everyone! :) 

On 6/6/2017 at 8:19 PM, newshane said:

If your collection is really outstanding (best in age) then you get a very nice looking plaque, a certificate, and a free year's membership with the CGC...and you get a nice little medal next to your name on the registry list. :)

imageproxy.php.jpg

You beat me there :foryou: - I had to wait another year :grin:

Spoiler

!cid_5724E1C179F74CBA8A89100E17AE8972@RunePc.thumb.jpg.6479df42dc042c0ab3053c059e0fcba9.jpg

7 hours ago, Pitboss said:

Somebody was feverishly working behind the scenes to get books and problems sorted out! :headbang:

Last I recall CGC gave up trying to update the point values for older books. The point values of most vintage books are seriously stale. Also, the integrity of the registry itself is very stale. Many 'owners' of books in the registry have long since sold their books but don't delete them from their sets. A number of years back I lost my #1 set status to a guy that sold most of his books in auction. The Registry awards may be fun for Moderns but I long ago lost my enthusiasm to 'compete' on my Silver Age sets.  It's still a great place to catalog your books but nothing more.

5 hours ago, exitmusicblue said:

I don't see it yet...

I believe they will announce winners this Friday - July 14th. It will probably take 4-6 weeks after that for the certificates to arrive.

Edited by newshane

Whoa, I had a small hope but really didn't see this one coming. It's truly a great honor and I'm grateful for winning the award for Best Magazine Set 2017:

Best Magazine Set
comic_best_magazine2017.gif

Rune - The Barbarian Master Set - Savage Tales

This appropriately titled set displays some of the finest examples of Savage Tales ever graded by CGC. Detailed descriptions accompany each issue along with high quality photos of both the front and back covers. The owner also owns & displays Ken Barr’s original art for the Annual, confirming that this is not just a hobby, but a passion. And so, to quote the set owner (who gives due credit to Dr. Jones) – “This should be in a museum!”

Thank you so much, CGC! :foryou:

And congratulations to all the other winners and participants!

Edited by Rune

Best Presented Sets
comic_best_presented2017.gif

Brandon Shepherd - My Introduction to Comic Collecting - Superman (Doomsday Death Funeral Return)

Don’t worry, Brandon Shepherd, we won’t turn you away like the Black Lighting was in the SNL skit. We think that your Superman (Doomsday Death Funeral Return) Set is turning into something special! Keep up the good work and thanks for the walk down memory lane.

This took me completely by surprise! I'm so honored to receive a Best Presentation award. This is the second time I have been surprised, I got my first one in 2009 for my Action Comics set. I found out about my first one on a CGC newsletter that had been out for a week or so. 

My friend Rune broke the news to me on my journal thread, it was a great thing to find out after coming home from work on a Friday!

Congratulations to my friends Rune and Zabra for their awards. I would also like to extended  my congratulations to all the other winners this year!