• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Do Barbie comics sell anywhere near guide?

9 posts in this topic

No interest myself, but I know the #1 had a Romita cover on it, so Marvel put at least some effort into it. Do Barbie comics sell, and to who?

which romita?

John Romita Sr. did the covers to both Barbie #1 and Barbie Fashion #1. But, those are the most common of the books. You typically see the #1's priced in the $5-10 range, but not a hot seller. The Barbie goes for a little more than the Fashion, assuming they're still in the wrappers.

I used to have full run of both - as the print runs were relatively low on most issues, occasionally you'll find people trying to charge $5-10/issue. Again, not sure how much they're flying off the shelves, but on average I think I got $2-3/issue when I sold them as a run.

No interest myself, but I know the #1 had a Romita cover on it, so Marvel put at least some effort into it. Do Barbie comics sell, and to who?

HG anything sells (eventually) to HG collectors, of course.

Later issues were always hot sellers at the LCS back in the day. Not sure if that's still the case anymore though.