• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Barry Windsor Smith
2 2

70 posts in this topic

On 7/2/2021 at 1:00 PM, Kabuki said:

Only saw one BWS SS in my many years of collecting...it was CTB#1...I wonder how the person was able to pull this off? BWS at an event with CGC?

There were a couple signings way back in the day. There are far more than one done, but they are extremely scarce in relation to most other creators.

6 hours ago, seredynskib said:

That would be one of my top 2 books to have BWS autograph if he ever did another CGC signing. I doubt you are, but if you're ever selling, let me know :)

Not selling but will keep your interest in mind.

7 hours ago, Artboy99 said:

I have a signed convention program, from when he was just Barry Smith. The signature has definitely changed over the years!

Convention program Conan.jpg

Whats going on with his left hand, remnants of a shield?

I am not sure how much that site is updated as it seems like it has not been updated in ten years.

I went to Startiger to see how much fan mail success there is and doesn't appear he is signing his fan mail as no one has been able to get anything back from him.

I have purchased art and prints from the BWS Studios website. Not in a few years, but if you reach out his people will answer. For a while it was Alex Bialy, his inker and perhaps assistant, but the last few times it has been a woman responding.

1 hour ago, Monstertruck97 said:

I am not sure how much that site is updated as it seems like it has not been updated in ten years.

I went to Startiger to see how much fan mail success there is and doesn't appear he is signing his fan mail as no one has been able to get anything back from him.

I emailed them last week and received a reply within 24 hours, still up and filling orders. Asked if I wanted initials or full auto from Smith.

Wonderful to see some Barry’s Signature Series. Heard he does not do this any longer. There’s a YouTube video of a person that had a few Conan comics signed by Barry in the raw. Looks authentic. I’ll be searching for a BWS CGC SS ..want a.Conan!

Edited by Kabuki

It's weird. My Conan #1 was signed at the same time as that Epic Illustrated Magazine... but I can't remember if I had them slabbed myself or if I bought them. :preach: ???

I had no idea he doesn't do Signature Series any more...

2021-08-13-0001.jpg

That's really nice!!! Remembered waiting the early summer in 1970 for its release.  Bought it... wish that i thought about the Signature series opportunities

I was trying to jog my memory and I seem to remember this was an event on the boards… Either it was an official event or it was facilitated by a board member here. You could have two items signed by BWS but you had to mail the items to them.

I hope I got that right. I may have slabbed that Epic Illustrated #16 along with the Conan #1 possibly since I literally had and still have hundreds of copies of that magazine series.

Edited by sckao