• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Alex's Paradise Comics Toronto Comicon report

37 posts in this topic

I keep forgetting this stuff. Here is something else that I heard while talking to Bendis:

A future issue of New Avengers will feature a variant, silver age style, cover done by Sal Buscema. I forgot who inks it though. foreheadslap.gif

Charity auctions raised close to $2000 for ACTOR, the North York Harvest Food Bank.

I ended up winning a Willingham page from Bloodbath (with the Atom) as well as a JG Jones "Killer" (from Wanted) illustration.

Shusters room ended up fitting everyone who wanted to see it, but it was standing room only at the back. And it was hotter than hell in there but it was an emotional ceremony and I only wish I could have stayed for all of it, but I missed the centre sections.

Co-Host Rob Salem said it perfectly in his e-mail to us later that night:

That was absolutely incredible today. I mean, I've been involved in a lot of events like this over the years, most of them vastly more mainstream in scope, with the resources and manpower and everything that goes with it. But this was special . . . even moreso than I could have ever imagined.

Winners were:

Achievement - Dave Sim & Gerhard / Completing Cerebus

Artist - Kaare Andrews / Spider-Man Doctor Octopus Year One

Cartoonist - Darwyn Cooke / DC The New Frontier

Publisher - Arcana Studio / Ant, Ezra, Kade, 100 Girls

Writer (tie) - Samm Barnes / Doctor Spectrum, Ty Templeton / Batman Adventures

Thanks for the reviews guys, sounds like all the work paid off.

Sad we don't have anything like that here in H-town...:[

Thanks for the info Kev.

Here are the final 3 sketches I got. First up is by Sal Abananti who does the Atomika book:

abananti.jpg

Next up is Bigby Wolf from Fables by Bill Wllingham:

Willingham.jpg

And lastly, the Hulk by Kaare Andrews:

kaare2.jpg

I would scan my art wins, but my scanner isn't that big.

Do What I Do!

Scan the art in two parts and use photoshop to put the two halves together

Do What I Do!

I'll try that when I have some time on my hands. insane.gif

Do What I Do!

I'll try that when I have some time on my hands. insane.gif

Its a bit tricky to line em up 100% but you can get very nice results

I did this today

JlA 60 Page 15

803210-JLA69PG15a_2.jpg

803210-JLA69PG15a_2.jpg.3d4366b253697de16246396927603b99.jpg

Great sketches Alex... and to think I was feeling guilty for all the running around I was making you do.

Thanks to everyone who helped make the show a success. I can honestly say that I think everyone had fun. All the guests were fantastic! I will try and comment more when I get more time. Kevin's total for the North York Harvest Food Bank and Actor is not complete yet. CGC and Paradise Comics will be making a contribution based on some of the Signature Series books submitted. Hopefully we will have a total tomorrow.

Thanks

Peter Dixon

Paradise Comics Toronto Comicon.

Thought I'd throw my 2 cents in here. I visited beautiful Toronto for the first time this past weekend. Show was fun, great guests, Canadian dealers were very cool and easy to do business with, American dealers did well, met with a few customers and did some business, made some great purchases, lined up some new guests for the Zone. Peter Dixon runs a very professional show, his staff was extremely helpful and I look forward to returning to the show next year. Damn...I wish I brought my sketchbook.

Best,

VZ

Metropolis