My Collectors society info did not transfer over

37 posts in this topic

Hello,

So my CGC and collector's society logins and info is different and always was. I now can not see any of my old messages etc as it did not transfer over. My collectors society name was harvdoss and I believe now I am Harvey D. Please advise

• Administrator

If you did not synchronize the email address on your old boards account with the email address on the grading sites / Collectors Society, then you can end up with two accounts. One will be your old registry / grading site account, the other will be associated with your posts.

These can be merged by an admin, they just didn't happen automatically because the email addresses were different.

7 minutes ago, Architecht said:

If you did not synchronize the email address on your old boards account with the email address on the grading sites / Collectors Society, then you can end up with two accounts. One will be your old registry / grading site account, the other will be associated with your posts.

These can be merged by an admin, they just didn't happen automatically because the email addresses were different.

Same happened with me my board name is topofthetotem.

10 minutes ago, Architecht said:

Looks like my Collectors society was linked to my work account and not my Gmail account (seem to remember we couldn't use free email to sign up). Can one of the admin hook up my new account?

Thanks!

21 minutes ago, Architecht said:

Can you please merge my two accounts and change me back to harvdoss

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Interesting. I had to log in with my RMA e-mail address. The grading site wanted to use my dealer info. 

I guess that problem's solved.

Dealer accounts are a special case. In that situation you have a dealer account that will not work with the boards, and a regular member account that will.

This happens because those two permission systems are separate, and merging them was another big project chunk that we did not take on for this phase of single sign on. Especially because it would require clarifying how we want dealers to interact with the boards when they have multiple employees utilizing the dealer accounts. That's distinctly different than the one user per account concept.

BUT, this is an important topic to us, so we're already considering where to land it in the backlog.

49 minutes ago, Architecht said:

OK, then please merge mine

yes this happened to me-I forgot I had changed my email contact in profile so when I signed up I reset password to old email and got a new account Kav1-when I realized what happened I logged into email address currently in profile, reset password and got original Kav account back.

8 minutes ago, kav said:

yes this happened to me-I forgot I had changed my email contact in profile so when I signed up I reset password to old email and got a new account Kav1-when I realized what happened I logged into email address currently in profile, reset password and got original Kav account back.

Didn't work for me.   Still some new -1 user.  :eek:

2 minutes ago, fantastic_four1 said:

Didn't work for me.   Still some new -1 user.  :eek:

I tried to use the different emails over the years connected to my previous internet providers and switched passwords but it didn't work. So I hope they can merge my 2 accounts. 

I actually just had my board name to sign in on the old site.