Ignore toggle

19 posts in this topic

I noticed the toggle for people on ignore does not work. When I click to show post for someone I have on ignore, it doesn't show. is this a bug or am I doing it wrong?

Thank you

• Administrator

Ah I understand now. I thought you were saying that you were trying to ignore someone but still saw their content.

I see that the "Show this post" and "stop ignoring posts by X" options aren't working for me, either. Nor is the "Ignored Users" link in the logged in user menu (at the top right of the page).

I'll follow up with the boards provider about these issues.

I can still see their content as well.

Instance, someone quotes them, they visit my page and I click on their icon, it takes me to their profile and I can see all their posts. But I am going to guess that's not how the ignore function is built.

• Administrator

This looks like it might be an issue with the theme that was used to style the boards. There is a theme update available. As the boards settle out, we will look into and correct this issue.

I prefer an ignore function that doesn't allow anyone to 'peek' by toggling, it would stop some of the people on here from ignoring people and then constantly reading their posts, why bother using it if you're going to toggle.  The ability to block private messages without ignoring posts is good, I can mentally ignore posts pretty easily.

As far as someone not wanting to have the ability to see someone else's posts when they visit their profile, well the question really is why are you bothering to visit the profile & clicking on 'activity' of someone you have on ignore?  :ph34r:

50 minutes ago, bababooey said:

I prefer an ignore function that doesn't allow anyone to 'peek' by toggling, it would stop some of the people on here from ignoring people and then constantly reading their posts, why bother using it if you're going to toggle.  The ability to block private messages without ignoring posts is good, I can mentally ignore posts pretty easily.

As far as someone not wanting to have the ability to see someone else's posts when they visit their profile, well the question really is why are you bothering to visit the profile & clicking on 'activity' of someone you have on ignore?  :ph34r:

Exactly. And as for the profile thing, if you have someone on ignore, why would they show up in the list of people visiting your profile?

lol Now the ignore function isn't working at all. I get the barely legible  text stating I have this person on ignore, but now see their posts normally. And it asks me if I want to unblock this person

Ok my ignored users page kicked back on, I then had to go in and change preferences manually, even though they were set to what I wanted. It reloaded and is working correctly again.

The see post button is still? broken. I agree with Baba, should just leave it broken lol