• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Get rid of the "Like" button.
1 1

Question

134 answers to this question

I only get ten, and NewEnglandGothic is going to be posting pictures of haunted places is NE soon, so I'm going to have to cut you off.

+1 though!

23 minutes ago, Hado said:

I don't want to be accused of being a toadie again, so I'm not going to like either of those posts.

A good example of another unintended consequence of the "Like" button. 

"You liked so and so's post? You're a toadie!" 

Shouldn't people be free to like something, without ulterior motives being ascribed to them? Can't they just agree with the sentiments expressed, regardless of who is expressing them?

This factionalism, this tribalism, isn't a healthy, positive environment.

4 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

A good example of another unintended consequence of the "Like" button. 

"You liked so and so's post? You're a toadie!" 

Shouldn't people be free to like something, without ulterior motives being ascribed to them? Can't they just agree with the sentiments expressed, regardless of who is expressing them?

This factionalism, this tribalism, isn't a healthy, positive environment.

In all fairness, It wasn't over a 'liked post' but the end result is the same, which is why it's such an appropriate example.

4 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

My vote on the "like button" is, I don't care either either way, I see pluses and minus's. 

The biggest minus seems to be possible hurt egos. 

My biggest plus so far, is I can agree with someone by just hitting a button and not having to quote them and write out "+1", the problem is, either way, you subject yourself to being dissected like a bug on a table by people who are living in a tv drama.

Sometimes a duck is just a duck and a like is just a like....and if I've offended anyone by using  a duck analogy, I apologize in advance.

@lizards2 should love all the ducktales.

6 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:
5 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

My vote on the "like button" is, I don't care either either way, I see pluses and minus's. 

My biggest plus so far, is I can agree with someone by just hitting a button and not having to quote them and write out "+1", the problem is, either way, you subject yourself to being dissected like a bug on a table by people who are living in a tv drama.

Sometimes a duck is just a duck and a like is just a like....and if I've offended anyone by using  a duck analogy, I apologize in advance.

banana029.gif

1 minute ago, porcupine48 said:
1 hour ago, Hado said:

I don't want to be accused of being a toadie again, so I'm not going to like either of those posts.

taod.jpg

Let my people go!  :sumo:

1 hour ago, lizards2 said:
2 hours ago, porcupine48 said:
6 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

banana029.gif

This isn't how eider responded. Oh well, teal we meet again.....

2 hours ago, MetalPSI™ said:

The real question here is why I can't like any of Arch's posts? Why is he excluded? Won't that make him self conscious? It would me, because what other people think of me is all I live for.

Please like this so I can make it through another day. I'm so sad.

If you really didn't care what people thought of you, you also wouldn't care what they thought of anyone else and the like button would be a non issue.  the fact you and others are making such a big deal out of it belies the 'don't care' assertion.

33 minutes ago, Likefro said:

I've changed my mind. Let's keep the like function. Much more fun this way lol

I would personally like to thank you for being a super positive member here. I have enjoyed your many sales threads as well as your contributions to the general comics knowledge pool of these boards, your vast knowledge of the medium and thoughtful insights are always welcome and appreciated. It's great work you're doing and I think you deserve a round of applause :golfclap:

1 1