• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NAMOR THE SUB-MARINER TV show (TBD)
2 2

71 posts in this topic

According to Bleeding Cool, Namor's rumored MCU debut in Black Panther: Wakanda Forever is viewed by Marvel Studios as "akin to Black Panther's appearance in [Captain America:] Civil War" in regards to its aspirations to launch "an upcoming franchise."

"I am told that Marvel Studios consider Namor's appearance in Black Panther 2 to be akin to Black Panther's appearance in Civil War to set up an upcoming franchise."

The report continues by sharing that Black Panther 2 will focus on "Namor The Sub-Mariner, his cousin Namora and Atlantean warlord Attuma" as the underwater kingdom wages war with Wakanda. 

"Much of the reported gossip elsewhere of large has concerned the role of Namor and Atlantis. That there is a war between Wakanda and Atlantis. But Bleeding Cool has heard that there will be a focus in the movies on the characters of Namor The Sub-Mariner, his cousin Namora and Atlantean warlord Attuma."

On 5/23/2022 at 3:23 AM, Bosco685 said:

Whether the show happens or not, this is an interesting twist on the character to differentiate from Aquaman. Then it won't look like a character swipe to the general audience.

You say "interesting", I say, "apparently leadership thinks their audience is dumber than a 10-year old". What a stupid-a** decision (if it is made to be so).

On 5/23/2022 at 8:58 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

You say "interesting", I say, "apparently leadership thinks their audience is dumber than a 10-year old". What a stupid-a** decision (if it is made to be so).

I was being polite to our more 'the MCU can do no wrong' peers.

On 5/23/2022 at 12:23 AM, Bosco685 said:

Whether the show happens or not, this is an interesting twist on the character to differentiate from Aquaman. Then it won't look like a character swipe to the general audience.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo............................

On 5/23/2022 at 1:56 PM, rexinnih said:

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo............................

Oh, are you a fan?

:baiting:

It's common for one culture to rename another culture's villages, cities, country. Plato might've labelled this Mayan or Mayan-adjacent civilization Atlantis. In that sense, the Mayan origin may be an addition to rather than a deletion of existing comics cannon.

If Disney's desire is to market to Latin America, what's wrong with business? If it's woke, again, so? Call it exploitation if you like. The result is the same. The business practice is the same. Marvel has been adding gender- & race-swap characters [along with sidekicks] since its own origins. Did Stan do the ASM drug issues for social reasons or business reasons? 'Death of' stories are another kind of exploitation. Exploitation is a kind of business gimmick. Much of what we dismiss as wokism today might be interpreted as marketing 101 tomorrow. In the end, thank goodness for Luke Cage, imho.   

I hope that Namor spends most of his time above water, is a semi-villain, sports ankle- wings, & is Marvel's First Mutant who was around during WWII, covertly fighting alongside Cap.

Edited by TupennyConan
of

On 5/25/2022 at 6:42 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

And how often did that pan out?

Often enough for the practice to continue today, I reckon. 

It only takes one character to pay the bills. 80 years & thousands of characters later, Marvel has Spidey who is so terrific Marvel recently enough introduced Miles & Spider-Gwen.

Do I really need to give a history lesson of Marvel on the CGC Boards? lollollol 

On 5/25/2022 at 7:43 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Only the ones that you think worked. :)

Conan is my favorite pulpy character. I don't think I'll ever see the Momoa Conan. No offense to him but I don't think he's right for the role. From all I know, the movie resembles a turd. In my mind, it doesn't exist. Do I care? Nope, not a bit. Do I care that Marvel had Conan running around NYC with the Avengers the past few years? Nope, not a bit. I'll never read those books. They don't exist.     

I'm a Namor fan. If the MCU bungles him, I won't care. I've got the comics.

They turned Mar-Vell into a bureaucratic grandma. I'm a Mar-Vell fan. Don't care about the MCU version. I've got the comics.   

Edited by TupennyConan
the

On 5/25/2022 at 12:28 PM, TupennyConan said:

Conan is my favorite pulpy character. I don't think I'll ever see the Momoa Conan. No offense to him but I don't think he's right for the role. From all I know, the movie resembles a turd. In my mind, it doesn't exist. Do I care? Nope, not a bit. Do I care that Marvel had Conan running around NYC with the Avengers the past few years? Nope, not a bit. I'll never read those books. They don't exist.     

I'm a Namor fan. If the MCU bungles him, I won't care. I've got the comics.

They turned Mar-Vell into a bureaucratic grandma. I'm a Mar-Vell fan. Don't care about the MCU version. I've got the comics.   

Your attitude sucks. :taptaptap: