• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,155 posts in this topic

Not sure if this is the correct place to ask this but I'm kinda working on a transaction with a guy named Ron Thomas from Missouri.  Has anyone dealt with him before that can vouch for him?  

Also, if this is not the appropriate place to ask this, please clue me in on where that place might be.  The probation list/HOS thread isn't for discussion and the Kudos thread doesn't seem like the right place either.

Many thanks!

Edited by Robert Doggett

On 9/13/2021 at 8:07 PM, MrBedrock said:

Where do I yell about my sales thread getting shut down? I was still trying to sell that Special Comics! :frustrated:

It does seem like a lot of threads are getting pulled lately. And many from long time trusted sellers....

Can mods at least explain to the OP why these threads are getting pulled? 

One got pulled last night from one of my favorite sellers and I couldn't figure out why. 

On 9/13/2021 at 7:28 PM, KCOComics said:

It does seem like a lot of threads are getting pulled lately. And many from long time trusted sellers....

Can mods at least explain to the OP why these threads are getting pulled? 

One got pulled last night from one of my favorite sellers and I couldn't figure out why. 

He had one of the other companies books in his thread. Even admitted it to a mod.

I assume mine got locked because of too much extra-curricular chatter. But why should that be penalized, yet someone else is able to endlessly bump a thread that had absolutely no interest at all? 

On 9/13/2021 at 9:02 PM, MrBedrock said:

I assume mine got locked because of too much extra-curricular chatter. But why should that be penalized, yet someone else is able to endlessly bump a thread that had absolutely no interest at all? 

I wasn't there so I guess they figured it wasn't threadcarp mafia endorsed

On 9/14/2021 at 12:16 PM, porcupine48 said:

I wasn't there so I guess they figured it wasn't threadcarp mafia endorsed

(worship)

Back at the end of 2019 - remember 2019 o.O - I bought tickets in a New Year's Eve sale for my daughter and I to attend the Baltimore Comic Con in 2020. Which didn't happen, and I rolled them over to this year. Unfortunately, my daughter has a friend getting married in Hawaii that weekend and has decided she'd rather spend time in Paradise than beautiful downtown Balmer. Where did I go wrong in raising that child?

Anyway, I need to sell her ticket if I can, but I don't know (1) if this is okay here, and (b) if so where the right place is. I want to make sure I follow the rules, it seems like posting something in the Comics Events section would be the most likely spot for someone to see it, but I can see folks wanting sales stuff in the sales forums - but would someone interested be looking there for something like this?

Anyway, any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

On 9/14/2021 at 10:43 PM, ttfitz said:

Back at the end of 2019 - remember 2019 o.O - I bought tickets in a New Year's Eve sale for my daughter and I to attend the Baltimore Comic Con in 2020. Which didn't happen, and I rolled them over to this year. Unfortunately, my daughter has a friend getting married in Hawaii that weekend and has decided she'd rather spend time in Paradise than beautiful downtown Balmer. Where did I go wrong in raising that child?

Anyway, I need to sell her ticket if I can, but I don't know (1) if this is okay here, and (b) if so where the right place is. I want to make sure I follow the rules, it seems like posting something in the Comics Events section would be the most likely spot for someone to see it, but I can see folks wanting sales stuff in the sales forums - but would someone interested be looking there for something like this?

Anyway, any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Mixed

So the moderators locked a second thread, giving as the cause that my thread was "clearly as joke" because I had "priced the item too high to sell". How can people who have no knowledge of the comic market make such a determination? Heck, how can people who don't know how to count make such a determination? The only thing around here that is clearly a joke is the moderation.

Edited by MrBedrock

On 9/15/2021 at 7:07 AM, MrBedrock said:

So the moderators locked a second thread, giving as the cause that my thread was "clearly as joke" because I had "priced the item too high to sell". How can people who have no knowledge of the comic market make such a determination? Heck, how can people who don't know how to count make such a determination? The only thing around here that is clearly a joke is the moderation.

$249,900 would probably sell.

Trust me. I drove by a Holiday Inn yesterday.

On 9/15/2021 at 11:40 AM, Park said:

$249,900 would probably sell.

Trust me. I drove by a Holiday Inn yesterday.

Me venting to make a point -

From the mods:

Hello,

A moderator locked your original thread for being clearly a joke, offering to sell a book for so high above what anyone would truly consider. This thread is being fully removed as well.

So let's review, shall we?

In Heritage's Signature Auction on Thursday Sept. 9 the Church run of Pep Comics from 1-21 was listed and sold. The same bidder (bidder #7102) won all 21 lots for an average of about 10X guide with the high being near 25X guide. Who knows how high his upper limit was? On Saturday the Pinnacle Hill MLJ collection was auctioned, also through Heritage. These were non-pedigree, mostly mid-grade MLJs and many of these also sold for around 10X guide with some extreme sales as high as 35X guide.

I listed the Church Special #1, 9.6 white, for roughly 30X guide.

Why are the moderators so certain that my listing is "clearly a joke"?

Edited by MrBedrock

On 9/15/2021 at 10:22 AM, MrBedrock said:

From the mods:

Hello,

A moderator locked your original thread for being clearly a joke, offering to sell a book for so high above what anyone would truly consider. This thread is being fully removed as well.

In Heritage's Signature Auction on Thursday Sept. 9 the Church run of Pep Comics from 1-21 was listed and sold. The same bidder (bidder #7102) won all 21 lots for an average of about 10X guide with the high being near 25X guide. Who knows how high his upper limit was? On Saturday the Pinnacle Hill MLJ collection was auctioned, also through Heritage. These were non-pedigree, mostly mid-grade MLJs and many of these also sold for around 10X guide with some extreme sales as high as 35X guide.

Oh, no doubt that it is completely silly for them to remove it. It’s a Church book for crying out loud.

I’m not down with moderators setting the price of any book. That is absurd. 

I am down with seeing how many times you list it before they lose their mind though. I am putting the over/under at a dozen.

On 9/15/2021 at 1:22 PM, MrBedrock said:

From the mods:

Hello,

For what it's worth, I can understand locking the thread for the Frazetta art and quoting the Fear song. 

Those were probably pushing the boundaries of what's appropriate and if that's the explanation, I would accept it and move on. I don't always agree with the moderators, but they've help create and maintain a great platform for all of us and I can respect they're decisions. 

I didn't think the listing was a joke. We've been seeing comics set records week after week and these were truly special books. I was excited to see them offered here for a private sale and not through the auction houses. 

I agree about the mods over reaching on this removal. That said if you do repost it several times  they may just decide you are spamming and give you a vacation for it. Which isn't right, but it wouldn't be the first or last time they have done this. I do agree that maybe listing it with the reference of previous sales and legitimacy of asking price as well as no thread karp may be your best chance at it surviving.  There really is not telling what the mods may decide. Good luck! It is a gorgeous book!!!

On 9/15/2021 at 2:29 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

they may just decide you are spamming and give you a vacation for it. Which isn't right, but it wouldn't be the first or last time they have done this.

There really is no telling what the mods may decide. 

The problem in a nutshell.

On 9/15/2021 at 3:00 PM, MrBedrock said:
On 9/15/2021 at 2:29 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

they may just decide you are spamming and give you a vacation for it. Which isn't right, but it wouldn't be the first or last time they have done this.

There really is no telling what the mods may decide. 

The problem in a nutshell.

+1

Agreed.