• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,155 posts in this topic

On 8/18/2021 at 4:56 AM, Ryan. said:

I've bumped quiet threads days, or even weeks, later and made sales. That isn't uncommon at all. It all depends on who is looking at the time. 

I'm always watching you, sexy. :cool:

• Administrator

I have added some wording to the marketplace guidelines.  I have also made a post below the guidelines for the "ok to post" template if rules are not complete in someone's FS thread.  Here is the added text:

Buyers may not post in a way that hurts a sellers chance of a sale, or discredits their reputation.  A few examples would be saying this book is priced too high, or a cheaper copy can be found at xxxxx.  Another example would be, I don't like this person, and would never buy from him/her.   There may be a few exceptions for known scammers.    We can tell the difference between a joke and a rude or unnecessary comment.    A decision either way will be at the discretion of the moderator.  Violation of this rule will result in points added to your account, and possibly restricting your ability to post on the forum.  

If a buyer or seller is on the Probation or Hall of Shame list, it is ok to make 1 post only to alert the community.  Being on said list does not mean a seller is restricted from listing books for sale or a buyer is restricted from purchasing  but, we understand the need to make people aware of the situation. 

On 12/1/2021 at 7:22 PM, KPR Comics said:

Is it one post per poster?

the one thread per forum seems to have gone by the wayside recently

I don't especially care though (shrug)

If we get the "close sales thread" back that would at least mark some as closed.

in the past it was one post per poster. Not sure about one post per pastor, in the past perhaps one post per pastor poster was permitted but permutations persist

• Administrator

Well. if 1 person posts it in the thread, I am not sure that anyone else has to.  With that said, I don't think I would be too  bothered if more than 1 posted it.  

• Administrator
On 12/1/2021 at 7:24 PM, Bird said:

the one thread per forum seems to have gone by the wayside recently

I don't especially care though (shrug)

If we get the "close sales thread" back that would at least mark some as closed.

I have tried to get that mark as sold/mark as unsold tab back but, Invision no longer carries it.  We are looking for something to replace it.  

I would think the Dale Roberts thread is fine as listed. Once the thread is open, he can state times for future updates as there will be for sale items listed and active, correct? 

Maybe we need time clarification...isn't a few hours with an open book good enough? I thought it would have been fine but (shrug)

Edited by Bird

• Administrator
On 12/5/2021 at 6:30 PM, Bird said:

I would think the Dale Roberts thread is fine as listed. Once the thread is open, he can state times for future updates as there will be for sale items listed and active, correct? 

Maybe we need time clarification...isn't a few hours with an open book good enough? I thought it would have been fine but (shrug)

The rule was put in place for a reason.  Too many people were using the for sale section for announcements.  The thread was started 3 1/2 hours before listings were scheduled to start.  He said, here's 1 book to keep within the rules.  Here are the rules, which will not be changed.

17.  Pre-sale announcements belong in the Announcements thread. Do not start your own thread in the sales sub-forums for your sale until you are ready to post and sell your books. Posting a single book now and the rest at a stated time is considered an announcement, and is not allowed.

On 12/5/2021 at 7:44 PM, CGC Mike said:

The rule was put in place for a reason.  Too many people were using the for sale section for announcements.  The thread was started 3 1/2 hours before listings were scheduled to start.  He said, here's 1 book to keep within the rules.  Here are the rules, which will not be changed.

17.  Pre-sale announcements belong in the Announcements thread. Do not start your own thread in the sales sub-forums for your sale until you are ready to post and sell your books. Posting a single book now and the rest at a stated time is considered an announcement, and is not allowed.

Fair enough. So single books, or similar attempts, are no good. I thought 3.5 hours is fine (I figured most anything within 24 hours is fine because you give that leeway to correct things) but you get paid to make to the decisions. (thumbsu You've been clear, so 'nuff said.

Edited by Bird