• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,155 posts in this topic

On 12/21/2021 at 7:12 PM, Beige said:

6 months from joining until you can sell on here.

Makes total sense. This ain't facebook.

Or how about fewer rules - unless they are absolutely necessary to protect us from own cupidity or dumbness - then people like you and I - who prefer to decide for themselves not to buy from noobs here - can just decide for ourselves.  So, e.g., maybe Joe Doe already knows Noobie X who just joined and doesn't think waiting six months offers him/her/it any extra protection.

On 12/21/2021 at 11:16 PM, grebal said:

Or how about fewer rules - unless they are absolutely necessary to protect us from own cupidity or dumbness - then people like you and I - who prefer to decide for themselves not to buy from noobs here - can just decide for ourselves.  So, e.g., maybe Joe Doe already knows Noobie X who just joined and doesn't think waiting six months offers him/her/it any extra protection.

No! More rules! I must be protected from my own cupidity! :sumo:💘 

• Administrator

As per a request, I have added links in each selling forum to the other forums, so you can go directly to another selling forum.

Golden/Silver/Bronze Age Only

This forum is for golden age, bronze age, and silver age specific postings.

Usage guidelines --- Kudos forum --- Probation forum

GSB                Copper/Modern               Misc 

On 12/22/2021 at 7:45 PM, CGC Mike said:

If you guys think it would be better, I can erase the one that takes you to the forum you are already at.  

Makes sense from a pure logic (redundant links) pov.

But I suggest you leave them in from a convenience/familiar template pov - we'll get used to clicking on the left-most link, and a static location of that G/S/B link is much simpler to habit-driven normie like me.

On 12/24/2021 at 3:22 PM, NP_Gresham said:

I guess if you can’t grade, just add ‘solid’ before each over-graded book.

Gets you one sale at least, until you eventually reach everyone. Now everyone knows you can’t grade for sh*t

Or the classic “mid-grade”.  Wow.  Thanks for the vague range, ding dong.

• Administrator
On 12/29/2021 at 5:18 AM, Larryw7 said:

Should a non comic book girlie magazine from the fifties be listed in the G/S/A sales forum, or in the Misc. section?

I think either is fine, as long as the print date fits in the category.  At some point, rule #1 should be rewritten, seems it states comic related only.  We do allow concert posters, magazines, and other items CGC grades.

1. A sale thread must contain books that are CGC-certified or raw only, or items directly related to comics.

On 12/29/2021 at 8:07 AM, CGC Mike said:

I think either is fine, as long as the print date fits in the category.  At some point, rule #1 should be rewritten, seems it states comic related only.  We do allow concert posters, magazines, and other items CGC grades.

1. A sale thread must contain books that are CGC-certified or raw only, or items directly related to comics.

this would be helpful. Maybe something about collections as well? "reprints may be placed in either age when the material was originally published OR age when reprint was published" or some clarification, it is an oft asked question

Edited by Bird

• Administrator
On 12/29/2021 at 9:03 AM, Bird said:

Maybe something about collections as well?

Can you be more specific?

On 12/29/2021 at 9:03 AM, Bird said:

reprints may be placed in either age material was originally published

How do others feel about this?

On 12/29/2021 at 9:05 AM, CGC Mike said:

Can you be more specific?

How do others feel about this?

I frequently see people ask (and wonder myself) where should a collection of GA be placed? In GA or modern if it is a recent reprint? Either seems to be the answer boardies often give and it seems to be logical as well. EC reprints in modern won't be seen by EC heads? (or is that EC dismebodied heads?)

If I am wrong stick a needle in my eye!

• Administrator
On 12/29/2021 at 9:09 AM, Bird said:

I frequently see people ask (and wonder myself) where should a collection of GA be placed? In GA or modern if it is a recent reprint? Either seems to be the answer boardies often give and it seems to be logical as well. EC reprints in modern won't be seen by EC heads? (or is that EC dismebodied heads?)

If I am wrong stick a needle in my eye!

Hopefully, others will chime in, and I will go with whatever the majority decides.