• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,148 posts in this topic

I’d prefer reprints of GA/SA/BA comics be offered in the GA/SA/BA section of the marketplace.

On 12/29/2021 at 7:31 AM, Bird said:

and should they also be good in the modern age section if printed after 1980? I think that part should be clarified as well

I was wondering about this, and more specifically reprinted comics such as Marvel’s “True Believers”.  Similar to EC reprints, I guess.

Edited by steveinthecity

• Administrator
On 12/29/2021 at 10:31 AM, Bird said:

and should they also be good in the modern age section if printed after 1980? I think that part should be clarified as well

I am leaning towards allowing items printed 1980 and later in the copper/modern section.  Maybe changing the rules to allow them in GSB as well, giving sellers a choice.  

• Administrator

How about this?

Any book that reprints material prior to 1980 is allowed in GSB.

If I only added this, That would give sellers a choice between copper/modern or GSB.  If I posted a rule restricting these books in the modern section, that would make the rules more complicated.  

On 12/29/2021 at 12:42 PM, CGC Mike said:

How about this?

Any book that reprints material prior to 1980 is allowed in GSB.

If I only added this, That would give sellers a choice between copper/modern or GSB.  If I posted a rule restricting these books in the modern section, that would make the rules more complicated.  

(thumbsu

GOD BLESS ....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

On 12/29/2021 at 6:18 PM, CGC Mike said:

I am leaning towards allowing items printed 1980 and later in the copper/modern section.  Maybe changing the rules to allow them in GSB as well, giving sellers a choice.  

I agree, as "Copper" boundaries can be stretched. I personally have various 1980 books that I would consider going towards Copper. 1979 is unquestionably still Bronze, Copper starts around 1983 but the 1980s gradually marked a move away from all that represented Bronze, IMO.

Announcing in your sales thread that “it doesn’t matter if you are vaccinated or not” is about the most irresponsible thing I have seen posted here in a long time

WTF , state your credentials and cite the research or put a lid on your bad advice

I hope the affected parties get well soon but don’t spread bad ideas faster than the pandemic 

On 12/24/2021 at 3:22 PM, NP_Gresham said:

I guess if you can’t grade, just add ‘solid’ before each over-graded book.

Gets you one sale at least, until you eventually reach everyone. Now everyone knows you can’t grade for sh*t

I gave it a shot on a couple of run fillers, they will be heading back.

• Administrator
On 1/9/2022 at 11:00 AM, VAZ said:

Does anyone know if Marvel and DC NFTs can be sold on this site? 

I am leaning towards the answer being no unless board members post info that changes my mind.  I realize they aren't the same as this but, there is this rule:

1. Threads selling digital codes or digital versions are not allowed.

• Administrator
On 1/18/2022 at 1:28 PM, HighRadArt said:

Not to point fingers but why do I keep getting pms from sellers  asking for paypal personal?  "It's okay if you don't but preferred". 

It's not ok to ask for paypal personal even in a PM.