• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,155 posts in this topic

It’s not free to buyer if you have to pay shipping 

I don’t see how people don’t see that 

he may not be making a profit but the buyer is still paying something ($21.50) for what they are getting 

Yet this same board nominated someone to the HOS for not sending their secret Santa gift 

• Administrator

I have edited the marketplace guidelines, and the thread will be put back.

17  .Mystery boxes are not allowed. You must list everything you are selling exactly as the buyer will receive it.  An exception will be allowed for stuff that is being offered for free.  Shipping charges for free merchandise can't exceed actual shipping costs.

On 9/1/2022 at 5:01 PM, jsilverjanet said:

It’s not free to buyer if you have to pay shipping 

I don’t see how people don’t see that 

he may not be making a profit but the buyer is still paying something ($21.50) for what they are getting 

Yet this same board nominated someone to the HOS for not sending their secret Santa gift 

I did what?  Please tell us about this. 

On 9/1/2022 at 5:57 PM, CGC Mike said:

17  .Mystery boxes are not allowed. You must list everything you are selling exactly as the buyer will receive it.  An exception will be allowed for stuff that is being offered for free.  Shipping charges for free merchandise can't exceed actual shipping costs.

Thank you. It's amazing what one can do.

On 9/1/2022 at 8:57 PM, CGC Mike said:

I imagine it needs to be cost on label with any excess refunded. That would be my take if I bought one and I paid more than shipping listed on the label. Perhaps these transactions should be required to include the shipping cost displayed on the label instead of choosing the option where one can hide actual shipping cost

see, I'm still here. :sumo:

On 9/2/2022 at 10:57 AM, Bird said:

I imagine it needs to be cost on label with any excess refunded. That would be my take if I bought one and I paid more than shipping listed on the label. Perhaps these transactions should be required to include the shipping cost displayed on the label instead of choosing the option where one can hide actual shipping cost

see, I'm still here. :sumo:

Key word "bought". It aint free if it costs $. 

You people are insane. I tried to do something nice and a few lowlifes try to make it into something sinister. 

My grandmother told me a long ago that people of good will tend to look at things in the best possible light while ill-willed people look at it thru their jaundiced eyes, knowing there has to be a catch to it, as that is simply their nature and they are sure everyone thinks like they do.

I'm tempted to call the whole thing off but I won't let a few small people ruin things.

On 9/2/2022 at 6:01 AM, Prince Namor said:

So if he fills 5 medium flat rate boxes (because he hasn’t specified what size) and mails them through his business he pays $14.25 while charging $22 for postage. 

How is that not making money?

Why do you lie?  It says large flat rate boxes in the very first post?  

On 9/2/2022 at 8:30 AM, Wipple said:

Key word "bought". It aint free if it costs $. 

Nobody bought anything because I wasn't selling anything.  The strange thing is my offer was fully subscribed in minutes, mostly by people who have bought from me in the past. I'd closed the thread and everyone was fine until someone with a ten year grudge tried to derail it.  I'm kool with it because it shows just how petty he is.

On 9/2/2022 at 1:19 PM, shadroch said:

You people are insane. I tried to do something nice and a few lowlifes try to make it into something sinister. 

My grandmother told me a long ago that people of good will tend to look at things in the best possible light while ill-willed people look at it thru their jaundiced eyes, knowing there has to be a catch to it, as that is simply their nature and they are sure everyone thinks like they do.

I'm tempted to call the whole thing off but I won't let a few small people ruin things.

I am offended that you called me insane and small. All I said was it isnt free if it costs money. I believe your intentions were very honorable, but your attitude sucks. Next time say something like, If you claim this offering all you have to do is pay shipping. " Free " is dead wrong.  

On 9/2/2022 at 12:03 PM, Funnybooks said:

Definition of free of charge

: without charge : at no cost

Cost

Cash and/or the value of property given to acquire the property received.

8B61A4E1-8420-4CA7-836F-74AE14995AB7.gif

• Administrator

So, as I mentioned, the rules were rewritten.  I am satisfied that Shadroch's FS thread is within the forum guidelines.  Lets move on from this.

1. Mystery boxes are not allowed. You must list everything you are selling exactly as the buyer will receive it.  An exception will be allowed for stuff that is being offered for free.  Shipping charges for free merchandise can't exceed actual shipping costs.